September 1, 2014

Pepsi: "Justin Timberlake"

by Jen Creer, posted Feb 3rd 2008 10:25PM
Okay, FINALLY! This is really the first, genuine Super Bowl ad of the night. And yes, I laughed out loud when Justin Timberlake got his privates rammed three times into a mail box pole. What a good sport he is to do this commercial. And of course, we get it from Pepsi. If you missed it, Justin has just chastised a friend of his for being immature for sticking chopsticks up his nose, when Justin gets sucked out of a restaurant... literally. The more the gorgeous, Marianne-from-Gilligan's-Island-type bikini-clad woman sucks on her Pepsi, the more Justin gets sucked through traffic, through playing fields, into mailbox poles...

It's an ad for winning MP3s and Pepsi and something else. I don't know-- go watch it. But it was funny, and a decently done Super Bowl ad for really the first time this evening.

sitruc

"And yes, I laughed out loud when Justin Timberlake got his privates rammed three times into a mail box pole."
That proves you are a woman. I don't care how anyone feels about Justin Timberlake, but that was just wrong. Once was bad enough. Twice...ok...I get it. Thrice...I still feel watching that commercial. Even a guy I know who absolutely hates JT was cringing.

February 04 2008 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Lmao at the Andy Sanburg cameo!

February 04 2008 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarah

i don't know if you can call it a genuine Superbowl commercial. i saw it on thursday, before the game.

February 04 2008 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathaniel

Probably the funniest of the night, though none of the commercials this year were that memorable.

A terminator beating up the random unneeded metal footbal player, however... that is memorable.

February 04 2008 at 2:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A Viewer

Weird, it's working now. Well, thanks anyway.

February 03 2008 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A Viewer

Jen,
Just thought I'd let you know that the video of the ad that you embedded here isn't working. When I click play, I'm getting "The content you requested is not currently available."

February 03 2008 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply