December 18, 2014

Planters: "Unibrow"

by Jen Creer, posted Feb 3rd 2008 10:08PM
::Snort:: I kind of loved this commercial. I hope to see this one again. It's very cleverly done: The way to a man's heart really is through is stomach, which is sort of through his sense of smell. How brilliant: Use cashews as a perfume and have men stumbling all over you, even though you have a unibrow that makes you more suitable as a mate, probably, for a caveman.

The song-- what is that song? "I love you baaaaby," was a perfect touch. That woman they found had some real sass too, flipping her hair and sashaying her hips. Even if she was hard to look at. It was a fun commercial-- even though watching it didn't really make me feel like eating cashews, or even really eating at all.

Kate

This was my FAVORITE commercial of the evening. I could watch it over and over again!

February 04 2008 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
beanspants1

hey what can you say: every guy likes a girl who smells like nuts.

February 04 2008 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donald

I thought the planters commercial was very good, however it should be nominated for Blooper of the year. The girls' mole keeps showing up on her left side then disappears the shows up again then disappears and shows up on her right side then left side and again the right side during the entire commercial.

February 04 2008 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Donald's comment
sitruc

I noticed the moving mole last night too.
Overall, this was a safe commercial. This commercial reminded me of those teen movies where the ugly girl is made attractive. The level of ugly deemed appropriate for a commercial audience is never terribly ugly. Bad make-up and a uni-brow couldn't hide beauty, Ms Shell.

February 04 2008 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nova

the mole moved because she was looking in a mirror,Just sayin.

February 04 2008 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I really think that this was one of the best commercials of the night!

February 04 2008 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

In case you really don't know, the song is "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" performed by Frankie Valli.

February 03 2008 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rtms

Oh great, my second favorite after the Coke commercial. That girl was just wonderful. The funniest of the night.

February 03 2008 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Theresa

I'm so glad you liked it. I am this young lady's mother. Her name is Christa Woomer and believe me she is full of sass and actually, in real life quite beautiful. I loved the ad.

Theresa Shell