August 29, 2014

Taco Bell: "Fiesta Platters"

by Richard Keller, posted Feb 3rd 2008 10:31PM

Good commercial, bad food

Here's the thing...I thought this was an okay commercial, with the smoky-eyed mariachi player enticing these two office workers to enjoy their Taco Bell Fiesta Platter at a table rather than during a meeting. I even liked the whip crack sound effect when the female office worker was put under the mariachi player's spell. Then they showed a picture of the Fiesta Platter...Urk.

One of the most unappetizing platters I have ever seen on a commercial. Nothing better than seeing all that food crowded on a tiny plastic tray. If they had presented it better maybe it would have worked for me. Instead, the whole commercial was ruined. Perhaps they need to rehire the Taco Bell dog again to bring the customer's back.

caroline

wait do you know that guy's name if you went to school with him?? he is so cute!! (i am not crazy or anything i am just curious)

February 17 2008 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Keller

"Compared to the other things Taco Bell sells, that looked great."

Exactly why I don't eat there anymore.

February 04 2008 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean P. Aune

"One of the most unappetizing platters I have ever scene on a commercial."

Really? You've never SCENE this type of a thing on a commercial? Amazing.

February 04 2008 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sean P. Aune's comment
sitruc

It has been corrected now, but you didn't make it up. My problem with that statement wasn't the spelling though. Have you seen the other things Taco Bell has to offer, Richard? Compared to the other things Taco Bell sells, that looked great.

February 04 2008 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. Matt

I went to college w/ the mariachi player who had the speaking lines. It is good to see that theater majors can get work! HA!

February 04 2008 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply