September 2, 2014

No Heroes this spring - VIDEO

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Feb 11th 2008 1:57PM
HeroesAccording to various sources such as Kristin Dos Santos from E!, Ain't It Cool News and Michael Ausiello, it is more than likely that we will get no new episodes of NBC's Heroes this spring. Even if most series will return this spring with a few new episodes, it looks like NBC decided to have the cast and crew start shooting Season 3 instead of offering fans a few more episodes for the second season.

The series' last new episode ended with a few bangs (literally) on December 4, 2007. As my colleague Rich reported in early November, this episode was written in a way that would not only conclude the current "Generations" arc but also offer a cliffhanger ending that would allow it to become a potential season finale. There were even reports that various endings were shot and that the state of the strike at the time of airing would dictate which ending to choose.

Kristin Dos Santos reports that no official decision has been made but that rumblings say the series will return this Fall. She also mentions that crew members were told they may not return to the set this season so that writers could have more time to write the scripts.

Ain't It Cool News received word that Hayden Panettiere revealed in an interview at the Berlin Film Festival that the season is definitely done and that shooting will resume around April.

As for Ausiello, his "UPDATED HOURLY! After the Strike: When Your Favorites Will Return!" feature says that Heroes' fate is to be determined.

While we wait weeks or months for the next new episode of Heroes, you can watch the Volume Three sneak peek we posted around mid-December:

Eleven

Both were good seasons but the second was kinda crappy. Still, I'll watch it as long Masi Oka is in it.

April 09 2008 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sky

i really dont think that this volume or any of the others were bad. they are great. as for all that i'm disappointed that theyre not coming out with more soon. this show is one of the best ive ever seen...why? because the reason for everything being connected and how u watch it, it make u not want to stop and continue with the next. its different in every way compare to other show. non like all of the others u know what will happen and when it will happen, but for this one its full of unpredictable mystery.

March 16 2008 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael G

If they listen to the fans, they will Stop with the love stories...

February 12 2008 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

They need to commit to characters actually dying and get rid of these stupid "magic Claire blood" quick. If someone dies in an episode or a finale, it has no impact as long as they can be brought right back with a little cheerleader blood.

The show had potential but completely destroyed itself at the end of S1 and with all of S2. The longer Heroes if off the air the better.

Hopefully S3 won't suck, but I'm doubtful.

February 11 2008 at 9:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

I don't see this as a bad thing. The series really faltered this season. Hopefully, the writers will use this extra to really think through a good season with all the great plot twists that made us watch in the first place.

February 11 2008 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eugene

This can only be seen as good news. I still have a spring of good will for Heroes, just because season 1 was so good. I'm happy to see they're going to take the time to properly retool for season 3 and I'll be there to see how they're going to reel the story back in after having fraked it up so much in season 2.

February 11 2008 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

After the mess that was season 2 I think they should take a nice long break before filming the next season.

February 11 2008 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Dissapointing, but not surprising. Monday night has become a busy night since January. I'll be looking forward to new episodes in the fall.

February 11 2008 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RR

Well, I don't think I'd say season 2 was horrible, but I would rather see them get to work on season 3 and maybe air it without those stupid hiatus breaks mid-season. If 24 can run without a break, I don't see why Heroes can't.

February 11 2008 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry

I agree with Khamel. The show was horrible this season. I went from watching episodes weekly in excitement to having to watch 5-6 episodes to get it off my tivo. I was perpetually annoyed by the story, acting, etc.

As far as I'm concerned we deserved that apology from Tim Kring. Get it together guys! This must have been one of the worst crashes, from one season to the next, ever.

February 11 2008 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply