April 19, 2014

CBS publishes list of post-strike returns

by Joel Keller, posted Feb 13th 2008 4:21PM
CBS logoTired of trying to figure out the status of your favorite shows post-strike? Well, if you're a fan of CBS's lineup, you no longer have to: the Eye Network released a list of shows, when they're likely to come back and how many episodes they have left. I'll reproduce the list for you after the jump.

It looks like some of the shows -- most notably, three of the network's big four Monday comedies -- are going to have close to a full complement of episodes for the season (for instance, there will be nine more episodes of the only show on this list I care about, How I Met Your Mother). It looks like fans of The Unit, Cane, and maybe Shark will be out of luck until fall. And Swingtown, the risque drama about swinging couples, will resume production, meaning that we'll finally see this series the network announced way back at last year's upfronts.

It was nice of CBS to do this. Let's hope the rest of the networks follow suit.

[via What's Alan Watching?]

GHOST WHISPERER / April 4 / 6

NUMB3RS / April 4 / 6

NCIS / April 8 / 7

MOONLIGHT / April 11 / 4

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT / April 14 / 6

SHARK / TBA / 4

* THE UNIT, CANE and SHARK are on previously announced hiatus to accommodate the mid-season launches of BIG BROTHER, JERICHO and DEXTER.

**The drama series SWINGTOWN, which hasn't been scheduled yet, will also resume production.

James Duff

all of the show i watch are on cbs m-f please renew jericho please nuts to you if you don't bring it back

February 18 2008 at 3:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Duff

friday night line up bring back please ghost whisper moonlight and numbers the best line up ever thank you

February 18 2008 at 3:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shane W.

Tentative calendar of the show returns that have been announced so far.

February 14 2008 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I watch 8 shows on that list, and that's NOT counting Shark, Jericho, Big Brother and Dexter! And that's one freakin' network! Maybe my friends are right, I DO watch a little too much tv. But I love it so.

February 14 2008 at 4:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
terri

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you for bring back Moonlight - and please renew it for next season - remember - it won the Peoples Choice Award -

February 13 2008 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
daniel

yaddayaddayaddayaddayadda. if that is what you expect, that is what you will get.

February 13 2008 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter Ker

CANE, HIMYM, JERICHO and SHARK are the Only Shows I Care About!

February 13 2008 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

really happy about HIMYM, the big bang theory, NCIS, moonlight and numbers!!! really really sad about THE UNIT!!!

February 13 2008 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheH2s

Big Bang is returning!!!!! I'm stoked, this is the best new comedy and I'm happy the strike didn't ruin it.

Thank you CBS!!

February 13 2008 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

This is why CBS is my favorite network (besides the fact they have the best HD feeds). They have the most class of any of the networks and programming without "agendas". It's also why I wouldn't care what Joel thinks. His "only" show on the list is one of the two that I never watch.

February 13 2008 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply