July 23, 2014

Attention! Army Wives back in training

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 14th 2008 1:23PM
Army WivesCynopsis reports that now that the writers' strike is over -- hallelujah! -- Lifetime Television will soon begin production on the second season of Army Wives with episodes scheduled to air in early summer. This is great news for fans of the Lifetime original drama series that was a ratings juggernaut when it premiered last summer. In fact, Army Wives was the most successful series in Lifetime's 23-year history! During its 13-episode run, Army Wives was the highest rated drama on cable among women, establishing new Lifetime marks for an original scripted series. The soapy-drama was scheduled to return in April, but then the writers struck and the show has been in hibernation -- I mean, hiatus -- ever since.

With familiar TV faces heading up the cast, including Catherine Bell (JAG) and Kim Delaney (NYPD Blue), Army Wives was a bit of a surprise success. Not many in the know anticipated a "Desperate Housewives in military fatigues" would capture the hearts and minds of viewers, but it did. Said Susanne Daniels, President, Entertainment, Lifetime Networks: "It is incredibly gratifying when a critically acclaimed show is also a successful show, and we are grateful to the four million loyal viewers who tuned in every Sunday to make this series a huge hit for Lifetime." And now all four million -- and more -- can look forward to a summer-filled with fresh, new episodes.

Alie

I was wondering whenand if Army Wives would be back.I thought, oh no not again, other good show hit the dust, like Jag. But now its coming back and as a old armywife I thank you.Now we can watch something good on t v again. Allie

March 21 2008 at 1:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

I think this show is absolutely true in alot of aspects of the true Army Wives....I should know I am one.....and my girlfriends watch this show as well...they are army wives too. So we enjoy seeing the real life with a lil bit more drama attached to it, show wouldn't you want a show about you. I was amazed when I heard that there was going to be a show about Army Wives I was excited to see it..and what do you know I was addicted from the first episode!! As far as having more seasons...I hope we get several to watch....I was getting worried that we weren't gonna have another season......THANK YOU!!!

March 19 2008 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jewles the five

iam not army wive but iam a army mother love the show.you tell a good story and you leave the politics out very smart. julie

March 09 2008 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolyn

I can't wait! I'm sooooo sick of reality t.v. . Finally something worth watching! I found this by accident while channel surfing last year. This show should be advertised more this year. I bet the following will be even larger. I'm not a military wife or anything close so I can't relate to their lives but the story plots are so well written that it touches your life even if your an old grandmother and you find it gives you something to think about. Like just what the wives go through as well as the men in uniform. It's not just what our news wants us to hear. CARRY ON11111111

March 03 2008 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amber

Hi, i am a army wife and i really loved the season and i cant wait until this next one airs. and even through i have to deal with my husband being gone, this show some what gives all army wifes hope in a way.

February 29 2008 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nita

I totally agree with you, These women have alot going on and alot to deal with BEING amy wifes..i know its a show...but at the same time, I get a sense of what the wifes really go through in the Army world in addition their husbands. Its a Great show. I really look forward to the 2nd season.

February 26 2008 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nita

I loved the Army Wifes series, My whole family watched it. I can't wait for the 2nd season premier. It is an excellent show !...it gets my highest rating in family, lifetime shows. !
Thank God its finally coming back !.something to look forward to.

February 26 2008 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thegoddesskiara

to call Army Wives a desperate housewives anything is an insult to Army Wives.

February 14 2008 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply