July 24, 2014

David Groh dead at 68

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 14th 2008 2:43PM

David Groh, Valerie HarperActor David Groh is probably best known for his role as Rhoda's husband Joe Gerard on Rhoda. He was also a regular on General Hospital and guest starred on several shows, including Police Story, Law and Order, Girlfriends, The X-Files, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, JAG, Baywatch, Melrose Place, Sisters, Murder, She Wrote, Spenser: For Hire, L.A. Law, Kate & Allie, Hunter, Simon & Simon, and many other shows. He was also a veteran stage actor, appearing in Chapter Two, as well as movies like Two Minute Warning, Crazylove, and Get Shorty.

Groh died of kidney cancer in Los Angeles at age 68.

His wedding to Rhoda was a major TV event back in the 70s. Of course, with ratings slipping, they had to go ahead and divorce the couple in the third season of the show. That left a bad taste with viewers, I think.

tom

Just reading Joe's obit by some tart that can't write, only makes me weep for those who never experienced good writing and acting. I'll miss the Joe in writing and in all of us.

February 16 2008 at 3:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

A great pity we have lost another great. Such a sweet, wonderful man. My heart goes out to his family and friends. And wish my kindest condolences. I first saw David Groh when I started watching his 'Broken Vows':
http://dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=83567&ru=279 , I find he really brings new depths to his character. The best actor ever... Mr Groh - you shall be missed...

February 15 2008 at 2:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

JG: That's right, I had forgotten about that. I think I tried to put that ad out of my mind, heh.

February 14 2008 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GingerSnapsTN

WOW, so did I, yaksplat!

This guy was a hunk...I remember him when I was a kid...

February 14 2008 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

Though I liked Rhoda better single, Joe had his moments. I am bummed that Dave is gone.

February 14 2008 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John G

He's also the guy with the milking machine attached to his chest in that Sour Skittles TD advert.

February 14 2008 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yaksplat

wow......i thought that said David Grohl at a glance....

February 14 2008 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply