October 26, 2014

TV5: Episode One

by Jay Black, posted Feb 16th 2008 12:00PM
This is _exactly_ what I look like!Have you ever read TV Squad and said to yourself, "Hey, I wish there was a speedy, five minute podcast about this site hosted by someone with a mildly annoying South Jersey accent?" If you have, there are two things you should know: 1) your prayers have been answered and 2) you're a dangerously deranged person. Seriously, you should talk to someone before your problems get out of hand.

But before you do that, you should go ahead and download our brand new weekly podcast, TV5. Every Friday I'll be bringing you a five minute rundown of five of our most interesting stories. Why five? Because we here at TV Squad like prime numbers and TV34301 seemed like overkill. Enjoy!

(Music provided courtesy of Kevin MacLeod.)

Links to the articles mentioned in this episode:

1. Jason Hughes provides us with a picture of a woman far too hot too need any further validation.

2. Bob Sassone reports on people who love Cavemen so much they're willing to give up their hair for it.

3. Richard Keller gives us an early look at Fox's new soon-to-be-canceled sitcom Unhitched.*

4. Keith McDuffee provides a helpful rundown on current reality TV casting calls/the end of society as we know it.

5. Brad Trechak makes me a very happy nerd.

* It should be noted that in the original recording of this episode, I mentioned a few shows as "single camera" that are not actually single camera. My eagle-eared editor Joel Keller pointed it out to me and said I might want to put a correction in as sometimes our readers can be a bit, er... obsessive. Whether single-camera or not, the point remains clear: if you're on a live-action Fox sitcom, you're on the TV equivalent of Death Row. Why Rashida Jones would leave The Office for what will amount to be four episodes as a lead in a sure-to-be doomed Fox sitcom is a question for the ages.

Chris Wyant

Just the way I like it Jay, short and sweet. Keep up the sarcasm and the quickness; you'll do great. If you need some audio clips from TV to incorporate, let me know. Also, Pierre-Luc is right about TV5 being an international French tv station; it may become an issue for you (or get you an unusally large fanbase of French ex-pats).

February 20 2008 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

When I try to subscribe with the rss.xml link in iTunes, the feed contains only episodes of TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - Video.

February 18 2008 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GerryofNorVA

TVS's Sequel to Brigitte ?

Well, you're certainly no Brigitte Dale, especially being audio only. Decent first time out for you, but the five stories weren't that appealing, and a bit more humor and/or sarcasm would help with the overall blandness. Like the upbeat background music, that was your saving grace.

February 17 2008 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

5 Minutes seems short to last an entire week, but I'm glad ya'll finally got a podcast going. I like Cinematical's podcasts too. I'll be sure to subscribe in iTunes as soon as I get a chance!

February 17 2008 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

You know i have wondered that.. and now my many prayers have been answered! Heh jokes aside this is a pretty cool thing!!! A TVsquad podcast! Just what i really have been praying for!! :P

February 16 2008 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pierre-Luc Allie

TV5 is actualy the name of a international french channel.

February 16 2008 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Considering people on death row are executed after a median of what? eight years I think your analogy is a bit flawed.

Maybe a prisoner standing in front of a firing squad. Or a snowball in hell. Or Jhonny Fairply on Survivor Fans vs. Favs. Or Michael Jackson in a day-care facility. Or Sawyer's father alone with Sawyer... or B.A. telling the rest of the team he "Won't go on a plane to get to the job"...

February 16 2008 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie Schnoop

Hey, Jay -- You have a good radio voice! Nice work!

February 16 2008 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RBear

That's what you sound like? Huh.. :) I really enjoyed it Jay and look forward to checking it out next Friday!

February 16 2008 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply