April 24, 2014

ABC has lots of new episodes scheduled; Lost moves to 10 PM

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 20th 2008 5:39PM
samanthaIt's so nice now that the WGA strike is over and all the shows are coming back, isn't it? It's like we're suddenly inundated with presents galore. Just the idea of new shows puts a smile on my face; let's hope it's still there once the shows air!

ABC has announced that Samantha Who?, their most promising new sitcom of the season, will be returning with six new episodes on Monday, April 7 (at 9:30). But maybe the network's biggest news is a time shift. Starting April 24, Lost will commence five new episodes at 10:00, rather than 9:00. Also on April 24, Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy both return with five new episodes each.

But there's more: Boston Legal is returning on April 8 with six new shows, and Desperate Housewives are back April 13 with five new episodes. Finally, as previously reported by ABC, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money are all renewed for next season.

Rikimaru

What's a VCR?

April 05 2008 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanine

I don't really like them changing the times of all my shows either like Lost, but these days everyone has either Tivo or DVR so you really won't miss your fav. show even with the time changes.

February 21 2008 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeanine's comment
Larry

EVERYONE has TIVO or DVR? Really? I don't think so. VCRs probably. TIVO or DVR, not so much.

February 21 2008 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam

I agree with you Glenn.
ABC is ridiculous with changing time. The best time for Lost was Wednesday at 9. I think thursday at 10 is the worst spot to put Lost, esp since Lost has a range of ages that watch the show. I was at the airport the other day and saw a nine(ish) year old girl walk around with a taped symbol of Dharma on her luggage. Lost has young of fans out there. I also know many middle aged adults that watch the show and miss it cause they go to bed by 10. Why doesnt ABC put it on Fridays at 10 and then they can really lose all their viewers?!

February 21 2008 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glenn

Why is it that ABC seems to have a fetish with moving Lost around lately? First Thursday, now Thursday at 10 pm. What gives, ABC? Do you want less people to watch?

February 21 2008 at 8:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply