December 20, 2014

What happens in Vegas...gets canceled by NBC

by Richard Keller, posted Feb 22nd 2008 8:08AM

after five seasons las vegas is no moreCan you recall last Friday's episode of NBC's Las Vegas, the one that was touted as the show's season finale? Well, the network made a small grammatical faux pas. You see, they really meant to say that it was the 'series-finale-because-we're -canceling-the-damn-show' finale instead. You could see where the confusion was.

Yep, you read right. Straight from the The One Known As Ausiello we hear that the casino drama is ending its run after five years on the air. It's not like they didn't try to keep the series afloat after anchor star James Caan left last season. Heck, they replaced him with a fairly stoic Tom Selleck as owner of the Montecito. However, rather than increasing the ratings, the change led to a double-digit ratings decline.

Course, it didn't help that the show was put into the broadcast network wasteland of 10 pm Friday night. I say 'broadcast network' because that night is usually gold for the cable networks (see recent ratings for Psych). I'm a bit sad that this show is leaving the network. While it was fluffy drama at most times, it was a change of pace from all of the serious shows that air on NBC. I guess they'll replace it with a game show or reality program. Sigh.

LasVegas

A LOT OF PEOPLE DO THATS WHY WE WANNA FIGHT TO GET IT BACK BUT WE HAVE TO REALLY WORK AT IT... IF THEY SEE ALL OF THE SUPPORT FOR THE SHOW THEY WILL DEFINITELY BRING IT BACK OR SELL TO ANOTHER NETWORK!! THE WRITER HAS ASSURED THAT HE WOULD LOVE TO BRING T BACK!! NOW ITS UP TO THE NETWORK! please support facebook.com/lasvegastvshow and twitter.com/lasvegastvshow

May 25 2011 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SHANE

**** you NBC. Vegas was a great show and you canceled it like the bunch of morons that you are. I'm so sick of NBC canceling good shows and replacing them with reality crap and game shows. Jay Leno is all you have left NBC so have fun when you lose all of your viewers because you can't seem to figure out what GOOD television is.

February 01 2011 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
a

hehehe, ...

April 27 2008 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
a

hehehe, ...

April 27 2008 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CaseyM

I have had it with NBC and canceling my favorite shows. This is my fourth favorite show they canceled in as many years. Geez, thanks for nothing NBC. I should just stop watching NBC. It will save me from experiencing another cancellation.

April 11 2008 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don gronstal

This was the perfect show for Friday nights. After 5 long work days, you need something that can entertain and relax you without having to get tense and worryied. This is one of the BEST shows of its kind, and I am comparing it to other soap like shows over the past 20 years. Dropping this show is a big mistake. My hope is that a more inteligent network will pickup the show and see their ratings jump. NBC the only thing you have left is Jay Leno, for a year or so and then you should sell out.

March 25 2008 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nikki

I love this show. I don't want to see it go anywhere. This really bites.

March 21 2008 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

Las Vegas was a great show and I can't beleive that NBC would take off the air. I was so upset when James Cann left but I grew to love Tom. I loved the new story lines since they were so different from before it was nice to laugh sometimes. NBC you can't take this show off the air all of the stars on this show are great and I look forward to Friday nights every week. I can't believe we wont see Delinda and Danny get married and have their baby, and Mike and Piper are a great match and I was looking forward to their story. NBC you are a bunch of Idiots you never get it right. For years you have been breaking my heart by removing my favorite shows from the lineup starting with My favorite Soap Opera(Another World) Years ago. Give this a second try you will make alot of fans very happy.
A very Dissappointed NBC Fan

March 17 2008 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paula

Why didn't you big shots just try finding another night for Las Vegas.I really like that show and I am about to quit watching everything on NBC.God every time I get use to something and it's finally a good show you guys play games and take it off the air.Why don't you do a survey first and see what the viewers have to say,after all we're the ones that keep you all living high off the hog. Thanks for nothing.

March 06 2008 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riccardo

Noo! That's not true, omg. I am watching this Serie on dvd now and i am on season 3 and i love it. Caan is the coolest man and i don't want to leave this show =/

March 02 2008 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply