April 24, 2014

ABC might bring back According To Jim for yet another season

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 27th 2008 3:42PM

According To JimI have a confession to make: I don't hate According To Jim.

Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for home-based sitcoms or maybe it's because I've had a huge crush on Courtney Thorne-Smith since the 80s (Day By Day!), but the few episodes I've seen were cute, amusing, and harmless.

Of course, that doesn't mean I necessarily welcome this news, that ABC is in talks with ABC Studios to bring the show back for an eighth season.

Now, people who have never seen the show (or have seen the show) are probably scratching their heads and wondering why this show keeps coming back, a la CBS' Yes, Dear (I'm still not 100% convinced that CBS doesn't have 5 or 6 episodes of that show still waiting to air). But if you're a fan of the show, this is undoubtedly exciting news, and you can plan your According To Jim viewing parties accordingly.

The show is currently in the middle of an 18 episode mid-season order.

Nathan

There might be 5 or 6 episodes of Yes Dear! still waiting to air? ABC, stop holding out on me....

February 28 2008 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

In related news, ABC announced a Lost spin-off: Every week for half an hour, they're going to show the fat dude taking a dump in the woods.

Hey, it will be better than According to Jim.

February 28 2008 at 6:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

bob bob bob, i hate thee!

February 27 2008 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Excelsior

What the hell is with the stupid webcam deal on the last few episodes? Its blatantly fake and there is no way she is sitting that close to the camera to be that big. Let alone she always seems to be looking in the exact direction where Jim is in relation to as if she was standing there.

Where is the episode where its kind of realistic where the image has problems and connections issues with the wireless?

Still a funny show, but come on!

February 27 2008 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Excelsior's comment
Lee

The deal with the webcam is they are trying to hide that Courtney Thorne-Smith is pregnant in real life. Guess they didn't want to come up more ways to hide it.

Personally I like the show. Most of the times its funny.

Like AC said...it could have been Cavemen.

February 27 2008 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

I like the show, too. I don't like comedy that makes you think too much.

February 27 2008 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Fred's comment
Peter Lynn

I don't like dullards who like comedy that doesn't make them think too much.

February 27 2008 at 8:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

What I really don't like are people who call me dullard when they don't pick up my perhaps too subtle sarcasm. See, a true "According to Jim" fan might not even recognize the word as an insult; he'd be too busy being distracted by shiny objects.

February 27 2008 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A.S

Oh, good god.

February 27 2008 at 8:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

Bring it back - it's just light hearted, non thinking show - There's not much else on Tuesday nights, so this would be GREAT news.

February 27 2008 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Oh well it could of been worse. They could of renewed Cavemen.

February 27 2008 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boomstick

Never watched that show, but Courtney Thorne-Smith is definitely on the hottie list.

February 27 2008 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

I gotta say for the first couple of seasons i liked the show, but it just turned really bad, really quickly.. I also caught a couple of episodes of this season just to see if it had gotten any better and to my suprise it had actuly gotte worse.. I dont understand how they can justify keeping this show around anymore

February 27 2008 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply