April 17, 2014

Rosie and Fran teaming up for a sitcom

by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 28th 2008 11:29AM
Fran DrescherFunny ladies Rosie O'Donnell (Nip/Tuck) and Fran Drescher (The Nanny) are working together on creating a new "fun, happy, family comedy" for TV. On Rosie's website, Fran and Rosie teamed up on camera to talk -- primarily about Fran's "cancer schmancer" campaign for public awareness -- but at the end, Rosie and Fran revealed a sitcom they are planning in which they'll star together.

There's no question that Fran and Rosie are funny women with loyal fans. The Nanny was a CBS hit for six seasons. Rosie, who more recently has been a source of controversy like her very tumultuous time as a cohost on The View, has also been a success on TV. While she was on The View, the ratings were higher than ever before or since. She also had an Emmy-award winning daytime talk show for six years straight which had a vociferous following.

While Fran and Rosie were gung ho about their sitcom being a real things, Rosie's publicist has said that the project is still in the preliminary stages. Nevertheless, as Rosie's video log attests, the girls are ready to get going.

No word yet on what kind of comedy they have in mind, but I would like to see them as sisters, maybe like the Two and a Half Men formula, where the siblings are forced to live together -- with comic results.

Libby

LOVE ROSIE AND FRAN -- HYSTERICAL!!!
LOVE THEM BOTH ON A SITCOM, THAT WOULD BE A HOOT, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT.........YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!

March 01 2008 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris

I'm in, i love Fran and Rosie so i'm totally game for this. At least to try it out, if i dont like it then i dont like it.

February 29 2008 at 2:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jez

I love Fran, woo!

February 28 2008 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gig

"There's no question that ... Rosie are funny women..."

I think that there is not only a question as to if she is funny or not but also if she is a woman.

February 28 2008 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gig's comment
Oreo

I'd go one step further, is she even of the human race.

February 28 2008 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

We're going to need earplugs.

February 28 2008 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Fran Drescher plays up her voice and laugh and she seems like a nice woman...

But Rosie?!?! She's a pile of bullshit, no chance this will ever make it.

*Realizes they made Cavemen commercials into TV show*

Oh god this will be on ABC right next to Fatass Jim.

February 28 2008 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Oreo's comment
Franklin

If Drescher didn't amp up her voice I could handle it better and I have to admit I've always found her somewhat attractive. BUT... There is nothing that could get me to watch a show with Rosie.

If your prediction about the "Caveman-was-a-show-so-this-will-be" comes true you realize I will have to hunt you down and run you over with my car. Giving that thought, though, I suppose you'd probably run yourself over long before I ever grabbed my keys. Giving more thought, I would probably just run myself over, too.

February 28 2008 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D-Bo

Setting fire to my tv now...

February 28 2008 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

They just invented the first major network sitcom for the deaf.

February 28 2008 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ric Kaysen

Seriously...do you know anyone in Hollywood who isn't planning a sitcom? You can't swing a dead cat in that town without hitting someone who has something "in development". 99.999% of these "projects" never see the light of day. Every dentist, hairstylist and accountant has a script out on spec.

February 28 2008 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CaptainAmericaHatesHippies

*Dusts off his library card and hauls the TV to the attic*

February 28 2008 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply