August 27, 2014

Be our guest: Kate Walsh returning to Grey's

by Allison Waldman, posted Mar 1st 2008 11:05AM
Kate Grey'sA familiar face will be popping up at Seattle Grace before Grey's Anatomy goes on hiatus at the end of the season. Kate Walsh, a.k.a. Addison Montgomery, M.D., will return to the medical drama when her character makes a visit to the Emerald City. It'll be for just one episode, though. ABC has already picked up Kate's spin-off series, Private Practice, for the fall.

Executive producer/writer Shonda Rhimes confirmed that Kate Walsh will return to Grey's Anatomy for a guest bit this spring, but a definite date has not been pinned down. Five new episodes of GA are set to air starting April 24.

As most of you know -- since fans of Grey's are likely to be interested in this item in the first place -- Practice follows Addison's life, professional and personal, since leaving the high tech hospital in Seattle for an office and clinic in L.A.

While ABC has shown faith in the show by giving it an early renewal, the reception for Practice has been so-so. Certainly not the wow that Grey's was when it began, but clearly the network is willing to give Rhimes and company a chance to find their groove. And a bigger audience, too.

Oreo

Kate Walsh is great and she was the best character on the show, but her character still sucks.

March 02 2008 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

I can actually do without Burke on GA just fine, I always found the character pompous and annoying. But I really liked Kate Walsh's Addison, and I wish they'd just kept her on the show rather than having her leave to do a spinoff. It would have been better to have a spinoff based on Burke (not really, but at least Addison wouldn't have had to leave). But as we all know, if Private Practice fails, there is "always a place for Addison" back at Seattle Grace.

March 02 2008 at 5:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Oh, this made my day! I love Addison, and I love Kate Walsh, she's just wonderful. The show just isn't the same without her and Burke. I do wish she'd come back to stay, though. :(

March 02 2008 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Her character was perhaps the only one I really liked. But they turned her into a neurotic mess too (don't watch Private Practice, so I don't know how she is on that show). I'll always love Kate Walsh though...the red hair, the legs, the voice......sorry about that.

March 01 2008 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Borat's comment
BartmanDK

SJ: im a sucker for new tv-shows.. gotta check em all out! and i gotta say they turned her into an even more neurotic mess then before, and i dont know how that was even possible
But all in all i think the ratings match the show.. As in its a so-so show!

March 01 2008 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply