July 23, 2014

CW announces early pickups

by Allison Waldman, posted Mar 3rd 2008 5:24PM
Everybody Hates ChrisEarly pickups are always happy news -- especially if your favorite TV shows are among those getting the renewal. So, today's announcement that Smallville, Supernatural, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model and the sitcom Everybody Hates Chris are all returning to the CW next season is a reason to smile.

Tyra Banks, star hostess of America's Next Top Model, will be back for cycles 11 and 12. One Tree Hill will be back for a sixth season; and Gossip Girl will start season two. Women, that all important 18-34 demographic, are faithful viewers for these three shows.

Supernatural will be back for a fourth season on Thursday nights, continuing to run alongside Smallville. The latter, based on the early years of Clark Kent, a.k.a. Superman, has made it to year number eight. Interestingly, that's a longer run than the George Reeves series in the 1950s and ABC's Lois & Clark (1993-1997).

Perhaps the best news, to me anyway, is that Everybody Hates Chris, one of the only family comedies still on the air (seriously, look around!) has been renewed for a fourth season. There's something about Chris that makes me root for it.

The CW did not mention in its release the fate of Reaper.

ccjessegurl

Yeah!!! I'm glad Supernatural is coming back, I love that show!!

March 13 2008 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A.S

I don't know if you've seen the latest blog from the CW, but some of the dates seemed to have changed (I don't know if its an error). I noticed Supernatural somehow jumped to April 3: http://blog.cwtv.com/?cat=23

March 10 2008 at 9:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vacelts

Yeah! Supernatural has been renewed. I am a happy woman now!!

I was surprised to hear Smallville got another season. I thought for sure it would be its last, but I guess the shortened season gave it a reprieve.

March 04 2008 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Kosmicki

Aliens in America? This is a surprisingly funny show, and works well as a companion to Chris.

March 04 2008 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jim Kosmicki's comment
Drex

I agree, the only three shows I want back on the CW are Everybody Hate Chris, Aliens in America and Reaper.

March 04 2008 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sanjiv

Any news on Aliens in America?

March 04 2008 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Reaper!!!! Come back to me!

March 04 2008 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KenMo

Reaper is the ONLY reason I watch CW. If it goes, so do I.
Not a threat, it is actually a promise.

March 04 2008 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Great news about One Tree Hill and Supernatural.. but what about Reaper? Oh lord please dont cancle that show!!

March 04 2008 at 2:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A.S

Ah, Supernatural. No big surprise but ughhhhh, withdrawal.

March 03 2008 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply