April 25, 2014

Kathy Lee Gifford co-hosting Today's fourth hour?

by Allison Waldman, posted Mar 7th 2008 8:42PM
Kathie Lee GiffordIs Kathie Lee Gifford coming back to daytime? Does Regis know; does he care? Well, whatever the case with Reeg, there is talk that La Kathie Lee may be ready for a new talk show gig. In the Hollywood Reporter, Today executive producer Jim Bell said Kathie Lee Gifford is on the short list as a co-host for the fourth hour of the show. "I think she's a great talent," he said of KLG, while adding that other names are in the hopper as well.

Kathie Lee is very experienced when it comes to TV chat. In addition to her decade long stint as Regis Philbin's partner on Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, last fall she co-hosted with Today regulars Ann Curry and Hota Kotb on at least once occasion.

Currently, Today has been ahead of its competitors in the Nielsens, besting both ABC's Good Morning America and CBS's The Early Show in the February sweeps.

Pam

Please correct your mistakes early!!! Today both hosts talked over thier guests. They both talked like they knew more than their guests. Let your guests talk. We all know who will get the last word in.

June 04 2008 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Pam's comment
Cory

I've noticed that both Hoda and Kathy Lee talk over their guests. They try to make jokes rather than listen to what their guests are saying, and it's very annoying! My husband actually got up and left the room because of it. Of course, he doesn't like Kathy Lee anyway, so that could have been part of the reason he left.

Hoda has changed since Kathy Lee arrived. She seems to be very serious and she pretends to laugh at Kathy Lee's jokes and wisecracks, but her heart isn't in it. She looks like she's not crazy about Kathy Lee, even though she said she's the one who suggested Kathy Lee come to the show. It looks like the bad blood is already forming!

June 05 2008 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elpida

Of course she gets away with it! She gets away with anything she wants. She must have "something" on every single person above her, because she always runs the show and she always gets her way. She always has.

May 26 2008 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
L Hennessy

Whaattt? On the show about the "perfect match" she gets away with comments about English people having bad teeth

May 24 2008 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nina

I am surprised to see Kathie Lee back. I like her and find her different from many in Hollyweird. She has conservative values. I have never heard her speak unkindly of anyone and her courage admist her husband's infidelity I thought admirable. I think she conducts great interviews and has a quick whit.

May 05 2008 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvia A. Fernandez

Ladies I had to turn you of this morning........
I can't believe you had Rosie on your show. She is rude crude has no class disrespectful and now she agrees with that paster that damned the USA.
having her was in bad taste.......
I just hope you don't have her again.
thanks for letting me comment.

May 05 2008 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fran

Hoda is shrinking into the background a little more each day. Kathy Lee has taken over as usual and the fourth hour is the Kathy Lee show. It's truly not worth watching anymore.

April 30 2008 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Viv

I watched the first show and hated her on it. I stopped watching until yesterday. I turned it on again, and hated her even more. Look out Hoda, Kathy Lee has already upstaged you and made you seem like a ghost. She's in charge and there's no doubt about it.

I'm turning it off once more and this time I won't be back.

April 30 2008 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Summer

Kathy Lee is THE most annoying, self centered person on TV. What is NBC thinking to bring her back? Her personality simply does not go along with any of the co-hosts in Today. I usually switch to other channel on the 4th hour.

April 29 2008 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fran

she wan't any good with regis and she isn't any good on today.she's a me,me,me,me, person send her back home to frank....we don' want her.or we'll quit watching, there are 2 other stations with pretty good shoes...

April 24 2008 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fran

kathy is the biggest bore,she hasn't changed one iota! send her back to frank he deserves her we don't...she is BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 24 2008 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply