July 24, 2014

Sarah Connor may be coming back for another season on FOX

by Richard Keller, posted Mar 9th 2008 8:22PM

Could Sarah Connor be coming back? If you believe Thomas Dekker, then yes.If you were a fan of FOX's mid-season drama The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and you were wondering if the show was going to come back or not, the following information should give you a bit of relief. Or, at least a bit of hope as to the future of the series given FOX's erratic pattern of pickups and renewals.

According to Kristin over at E! Online, the sci-fi series that takes place in the universe of the Terminator movies (even though some die-hard fans scoff at it), the show will be coming back for a second season in the fall. That information comes from Thomas Dekker, who portrays the young John Connor on that program. Dekker was reported to say that Chronicles' producers are currently pitching second-season stories to the network at this time. In addition to this tidbit of information, unnamed sources are saying that production for the show will resume in mid- to late-June.

FOX, as usual, is remaining mum about the whole thing, saying that the press and public will know about Chronicles' renewal during the May upfronts. So, if you want to know if John and the Cameron (the good Terminator played by Summer Glau) will have another chance at getting together in the near future, you'll just have to wait until the official word from FOX. Unless, this was the official word "leaked" to the press by Dekker to resemble a rumor. Then again, this could be the insane wishes of Thomas to remain on an regular series.

Oh, television ... why dost treat us so poorly?

Vincent

I knew there was hope for TSCC as the writing is good and overall the show is enjoyable; i enjoy it when i don't nitpick too much about the flawed logics of time travelm emotion able androids and the show events.

TSCC will benefit from the whole T4 marketing, which is good and bad: people are already confused enough about the "different timeline than T3" logic followed by this tvshow. Prepare yourself for even more confusion next year.

And an uninterrupted diffusion from january through march of the full season ala 24 is the best option for TSCC imho... It wouldn't fare well in september against other attention stealing shows. Plus T4 marketing will only begin in 2009.

March 17 2008 at 2:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vincent

I do hope TSCC comes back... without the emo wannabe j...

Why ? i realized only recently that brian austin green is dating the much younger Megan Fox. And he probably met her when she was only 17y. Same story as with hayden and her boyfriend.

So when Thomas Dekker criticized his former costar hayden panattiere for dating her present older costar, did he think twice about BAG and Megan Fox ? What about Summer Glau who is 26 i think and is portraying convincingly a 16y old ? Does he find her not attractive and would vomit at the idea of dating her if it was possible ?

Good thing all TSCC episodes for season 1 were shot. when he badmouthed Hayden. Bad thing is he did not yet publicly apologize...

March 17 2008 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malren

@Jake: That's a brilliant idea, and I am going to make the $36 investment. Thanks for giving us the idea; it seems much more useful than sending nuts to a network...although I must admit I did send $5 worth to support Jericho. ;)

March 11 2008 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

I WHANT IT BACK TOO!!! i just fell in love with the show, specially with Brian Austin Green and thomas dekker in the park scene, beautiful. Just bring it back dammit!!! :)

March 10 2008 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl72

To be perfectly honest I saw a small bit of the pilot and thought it was terrible.

I saw an entire episode later, the one BAG first appeared in, and had to step back. For one, I needed to go to IMDB immediately to make sure it was, in fact, Brian Austin Green. He no longer looked like a 90s douchebag. In fact, he almost resembled a respectable human being. And he was doing a pretty good job. I assume the cliffhanger ending resolved with him living, which is good. Based on that episode I'd like to see him get another shot at a career. He's no longer a common cultural reference that I use for failure.

As for the show itself, it was still flawed, but greatly improved in that episode, enough so that I'd consider checking it out when it hit DVD.

And yes, Summer Glau is sadly the reason I returned to the show. I feel dirty and disgusting, but I rarely think people on TV are hot enough to be worth mention, but I'm thinking she is. I like beanpoles...

March 10 2008 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

They really need to renew this show. It is my new BSG. Love the Glaubot; she is dead on.

I've posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating. Ask yourself how much renewal of this show is worth to you personally. Is it worth $18? How about $36? Because this show is available for download on both iTunes and Amazon.com Unbox, and it runs < $18 on each. So for roughly a $36 investment, you can send a message to Fox that this is a keeper. It's already got some of the best download numbers; but every little bit helps give it numbers that Fox can't ignore.

(No, I don't work for Fox or the show, I'm just a fan with an understanding of the economics at play).

March 10 2008 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gooby

I gave up with TSCC for a bit but then came back and the last three episodes were amazing. Really entertaining stuff and I'm actually liking Brian Austin Green's character. Summer Glau is still the reason I tune in to the show, she's just amazing as the Terminator and I'm really interested in seeing where they'd take her character. Lena Headey is great as well, I really enjoyed her scenes with Brian Austin Green's character. The only one I really don't care about is the boy, he's annoying the bejeesus out of me.

All in all, I'm glad the show might return for a second season, I think it has potential.

March 10 2008 at 4:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jordancda

I had heavy doubts about this show but, like most of you, watched it because nothing else was on. The first few episodes were mediocre and overly moody I thought (and I still had Sarah's monologues at the beginning and end...way to pretentious and overt) but by the third or fourth episode it really took off and I'm hooked now. I'm still confused by lots of things, but its really enjoyable. Green and Glau are the best characters on it and I LOVED the flash-forward episode. At any rate, I hope it comes back. I enjoy it.

March 10 2008 at 4:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

i was very skeptical about this show, and didnt have much hope, i thought bionic woman would be a much better show.
boy was i wrong, bionic woman sucked big time. but this show has become awesome.

esp with brian austin green, he really nails the part, and i hope they make him a complete regular, the show would suffer if they let him go.

although i have several quirks about the show, like how 2 people can co-exist in the same universe at the same time. forget the time travel paradoxes, thats already a super-doozy, but having 2 conciousnesses, which are esentially the same, existing separately at the same time!, is really just a total disregard for science in any shape or form.

they should take some cues from Lost on how to manage time travel...

March 10 2008 at 3:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

This has been my favorite new show of the past several months (then again, not much else has been on TV due to the strike). I really hope this show comes back, I've been incredibly impressed at how creative and interesting it has been. When I first heard of it, I figured it would be a "Evil Terminator of the Week" sort of thing, which would get extremely boring after the first episode. But that's not what they've done at all, and I've found each episode to be tremendously fascinating and entertaining, particularly for a sci-fi series. Fox would be crazy to cancel it, then again, we already know Fox is crazy for cancelling even better shows like Arrested Development.

And yes Fox, I know you're in the business of making money and if I'm unlucky enough to love a show that 99% of the population is too dumb to understand, then it's just the cost of not being an idiot and I know why you have to cancel it. But T:TSCC has been getting good enough ratings and is not too expensive to make. So don't be crazy. Give it at least a full, complete season.

March 10 2008 at 3:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply