September 15, 2014

Kyle XY: Hello...

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 11th 2008 11:00PM
Kyle XY
(S02E22) "I think it's time we introduce ourselves." - A Latnok member

Wow! Another great Kyle XY episode that paved the way for what will surely be a rocking finale. What? You thought this was the finale because it's episode 2.22? ABC Family is actually treating us with a 23rd hour of XY this season! So expect to see the prom unfold, more Sarah and Jessi dealings, and surely more Latnok. In the meantime, let's deal with this week's Jessi-centric episode, "Hello..."

Gallery: Kyle XY

Kyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XYKyle XY

Even if it was wishful thinking on my part, I was expecting more from Sarah when she first spoke to Kyle in the dinner. I wanted to know more about why she did what she did, what Latnok is all about, etc. As it was the case for Jessi, my expectations towards Sarah were way too high. I should have known better than to expect someone who faked her death and went into hiding for years to spill all the beans in one sitting. No matter, she did give us a few clues between her "help Jessi" and "Brian is evil" warnings to Kyle. The main thing she confirmed was that Latnok is composed of scientists that put emotions aside and work off facts and numbers. Then again, it's nothing really new but hearing it from Sarah puts it in another perspective since Adam never said much about the people behind Latnok.

In our last XY poll, 84.5% said that Ally Sheedy was a great choice to play Sarah. I think she proved it this week. She offered a detached and mysterious performance, which is to be expected for a character such as Sarah. I know she'll turn up next week too but somehow I hope she will be there next season. Sarah and Jessi have a lot to learn about life, relationships, friends, and emotions; it would be interesting to see them live and evolve together. Now that Latnok has its eyes back on Kyle and that Brian may be leaving the country, maybe Sarah and Jessi have a shot at being a family... at least until Brian shows back up!

Speaking of Brian, I was almost jumping up and down while watching the scene where Jessi, Kyle and Nicole confront him! It was delicious to hear Jessi tell him to take a hike. You go girl! Even if Foss (yay, Foss is back!) is pretty convincing even when not saying much, Brian is not done with his pet project daughter. The man lives and breathes Latnok even if he doesn't have a seat around the table. He'll probably take a step back and hit hard when we least expect him to.

Latnok clearly has eyes everywhere and anywhere. Do they follow Jessi and Kyle's every move? How did they know about what happened in the dinner? They probably decided to investigate when the news that weird stuff happened there. I wonder what they have planned for Kyle now that they know he can do greater things than expected. Remember that Kyle was seen as imperfect by Latnok. Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me that they send him to a facility similar to The Pretender's The Centre and have him perform various simulations, etc. If you have ideas and theories as to what Latnok's plans with Kyle are, post below!

Other scenes of interest

• Lori's description of what prom is was priceless. With descriptions like that, it's a wonder that she couldn't come up with better lyrics. Then again, if she had, we wouldn't have witness the Mark/Lori fallout and then patching things up. I was sure that Lori would ask Mark to come to the prom after he said he didn't go to his. Seems not. But I'm sure that even if Leclan is back on that Lark is not over.
  • Even if I'm not 100% sure that Declan didn't plan the "being alone at prom" thing, that scene with him asking Lori to prom was cute. "I'm asking because you are the only one I want to go with."
  • Josh and Andy have a great relationship and it's enjoyable to watch it unfold. They truly love one another no matter the problems and heartaches. They are the teen equivalent of Sandy and Kirsten from The O.C.
  • I'm not sure what I think of the Lori and Jessi friendship. Did they patch things up too fast? It looked almost too convenient for the episode to have they bond. It gave Lori something to write about and had her agree to have Jessi stay with the Tragers even after all the evil things that Jessi did.
  • Hillary was once again a great comic relief. Her take on life brings the needed snark: do research and get everyone laid; speak French cuisine, etc.

Best lines of the week

• "Andy is like the coolest guy I've ever known in a body I can make out with." - Josh
  • "I finally have the chance to prove that I'm worth something." - Jessi
  • "Your brain power equals my cash flow." - Josh to Declan
  • "Everyone knows you are just jealous." - Mark to Lori
  • "What would Kyle do?" - Josh and Amanda
  • "My mother lied and my father lied. It's true, I'm a mistake." - Jessi
  • "Trust me, you don't want to come back." - Foss to Brian
Do you think Brian will use the plane ticket?
Yes and he'll never come back.11 (6.0%)
Yes but he will come back.86 (47.3%)
Yes but not before seeking revenge.39 (21.4%)
No.46 (25.3%)

Adam Day

Another good episode. The last few weeks have really gotten things rolling again after a few lackluster mid season episodes. Can't wait for the finale and wonder what they have in store for Season 3? Speaking of Season 3, does anyone know when it will be airing? I was thinking the summer, but since the second season is ending so close to the summer, I wonder if they will push it back.

March 12 2008 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

My problem is I was hoping Madacorp would still be around still being talked about once in a blue moon. It has been ditched, that's my only complaint. I mean they never explained what the math equation was that they wanted so badly. They really should have kept them part of the show.

Plus Jessi is so much better this episode. I wasn't completely hoping that she would stay dead. I know that she wouldn't stay dead, but I was hoping.

March 12 2008 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rickie

Krealizesyle refused the program that zzyzzx was trying to install, Jesse accepeted the program, and then he downloaded all there information and was taking over the systems, thats when they had him terminated. XY is more powerful than madacore, or lucnet realizes, Sara hasn't shown her hand yet, she's feeling out XY to see if she can really trust him, remember adam walked out on her and she dosen't trust him now, I think lucnot will capture xy ,to see how far they can push him!!! Sara and jesse, will have to get together with adam to try and get xy out, but the twist 781229 will already have a plan of her ouwn to get him out and these two will bond,leaving amanda looking for someone new,or will she finnaly chase kyle, as he's been chasing her for 2 years now.

March 12 2008 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Libragirl

I love this show. And I think the character of Jessi is great. She is like what would happen to Kyle if he didn't have a family who cared about him, but I can't stand the actress who plays her. I'm sure she's good in other things, but she always looks like she's in pain and about to cry, no matter the situation.

March 12 2008 at 5:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Libragirl's comment
Rodney

Well, she did smile a few times in this episode...

March 12 2008 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

I stopped watching around 2x10.

Is it really worth it? I don't think so I really don't. Please tell me why because I personally couldn't stand the whole idiocy anymore. All that running around in circles no real overall direction and the typical killing off of storylines via misunderstandings, angst and a boatload of "feeling" *yuck*. And because I don't like XX. She's... well she's a moron. I like Kyle and his personality but she's just plain weird and too much of the rest of the show is too.

March 12 2008 at 1:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Bash's comment
Blair M

Thanks for your input? I'm just kidding, I can't really attack you for bashing (no pun intended) a show you don't watch on a show specific forum/comment thread, cause I've done it too.

Seriously though. This isn't Lost. It's a fun show about a kid with superpowers and the family they live with. It's a modern day Secret World of Alex Mack. Only better. And quite frankly, I'm not sure which I stick around for: the sci-fi, or the family. This show really does family stories better than any of the crap I watched when I was a kid.

As for Jessi being stupid: to each his own. I love the character exactly because she is not exactly like Kyle. Just because they're both freakin' geniuses doesn't mean they'd have the same personality. And she's stupid and weird because she's still figuring herself out. She spent the first few months of her life with a false family (one coerce by force, no less), her memories have been erased at least once, and she didn't have the comfort of the Trager's to learn how being human works. It's not dumb that she's dumb, it's the mark of intelligent storytelling.

March 12 2008 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
saichu

It got better after the Madacorp arc, if you ask me.

March 12 2008 at 3:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply