July 23, 2014

I can has hot Wendy's burger? - VIDEO

by Keith McDuffee, posted Mar 15th 2008 2:23PM
wendy's commercialI don't understand why certain commercials get to become "banned." I've seen a few since the latest multitude of Super Bowl commercials, and most of those have been funnier that anything shown on TV! Who the heck decided these commercials weren't fit for television? There were even a couple of questionable ones shown during the game this year, ones that offended quite a few people. Who cleared those monstrosities?

Case in point, the following "banned" Wendy's commercial, from 2007, for their four-alarm spicy chicken sandwich. The scientist holds said sandwich out to his assistant with tongs, so you know right away this thing means business. I haven't had fast food in years, but I gotta say I started wondering where the nearest Wendy's joint was so I could try one of these bad boys; that fourth "hint" (hit?) of spice is a doozy. Continue on for the video. (And for those who don't get the headline, read up on LOLCats.)

[via Digg]

Tim

Now why would this be banned? Could it be because of the number of people blowing themselves up in public places in Iraq? Made me think suicide bomber....

That and you can see hints of the assistant's willy on the scanner....

March 16 2008 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tim's comment
jeff stiefer

my thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me the time to type it out ;)

lolcats are always funny. cute cats, bad grammar and the occasional walrus with a bucket? Whats not funny about that!

March 16 2008 at 11:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

It's "I can haz" ;-)

March 16 2008 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beresford

I LOVE cats.

Taste like chicken.

March 15 2008 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Cicconi

Not "hints", but "hits" of heat.

March 15 2008 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treegoat

Lolcats are always funny. How dare you.

March 15 2008 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richie

You guys are about half a year late on the lolcats meme. It stopped being funny a long, long time ago (in a galaxy far away).

March 15 2008 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Richie's comment
C.A

The lolcats meme is actually making a comeback to the Internet.

Richie = Epoch Fail.

March 15 2008 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Not Your Opinion

Hey, the Egyptions wouldn't have worshiped cats for nothing...

and they didn't even have Photoshop.

April 06 2008 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply