October 30, 2014

FOX renews Prison Break

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Mar 24th 2008 4:22PM

Dominic Purcell and Wentworth MillerAfter much speculation and "on the bubble" murmurs, Variety is confirming that FOX has gone ahead and renewed Prison Break, one of the more popular guilty pleasures currently on network television. Prison Break has been picked up for a possible 23 episode fourth season, set to return in the fall.

Is the show that good? Sort of. Do the plots always make sense? Sometimes. Do I love it anyway? Absolutely. After a mediocre second season, the show roared back with a pretty enjoyable third season that got cut short to thirteen episodes by the WGA strike.

The season ended with Wentworth Miller's Michael breaking out of Sona and chasing down the people responsible for the death of Dr. Sara Tancredi. I think it's safe to say that most fans would have been pretty angry if that drive off into the Panamanian sunset turned out to be the series finale.

Is this good news though? Is there really enough story to stretch out Michael's hunt for Gretchen, Whistler, and Mahone into 22-plus episodes? Plus, get ready for some overload. That female character that we never met this season? According to The Hollywood Reporter, she's still getting a spin-off after she appears. I can see the tagline already. "This Fall, prison has a new bitch."

nazeem

hi im from south africa we just watched third season now i must admit im hooked i dont mind if theres 50 episodes as long as the story and action is good i'll keep nibbling at my fingers hope they dont run out of ideas or i think we should post ideas help the produces hahaha

June 21 2008 at 7:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MiSs_WiLd69

i really dont think that he's real,coz he's too good to be true....but i still like the guy nontheless...HOTTIE!!!!;)

June 05 2008 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mista

can't wait for Prison break season 4 man!!it's Gettin interesting..

May 06 2008 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mista

can will for Prison break season 4 man!!
it's Gettin interesting..

May 06 2008 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Idotchere

I do love watching PB but I also think fox could have done better than it did. Leaving me with 13 episodes for season three the most fascinating season for me just leaves me with PB fever.

I love to watch season four telecasted and if that shoud be the order of the day, then the writters shoud include more flash-backs to put forward what really went on during the latter part of season three.

PB has been the best and shall forever bee. GGGOOOODDD Word done so far so good.

April 13 2008 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Idotchere

I do like prison break and its return is a good news for me but I think it would have been better if the third season was completed. Fox should do what so ever is in their capacity to finish the third season because I have got prison break fever that can be cured by my watching the full season three.

April 13 2008 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SweetAngel

Sorry people I really enjoy watching Prison Break and hopefully it was last a long time. I am a huge fan and really like the show and I never get sick of watching it.

April 10 2008 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KK

I agree with whoever said it was a THRILL-RIDE - I love an action-packed show that always ends with an exciting twist, so that I HAVE to watch the next one! :)

I admit, I got in late - started watching in the 3rd season, and from that perspective, it looked dumb and confusing. Then I watched it from Season 1 show 1 to the very end, (and then watched all 3 seasons one more time). From that view, each show just slid into the other, and I was hooked. I thought the 2nd season was just as exciting as the first. I thought the 3rd season was stretching it a little, but the thriller-who-knows-what-will-happen-next aspect kept me watching. I definitely liked being able to watch it one show after the other, though, as opposed to waiting each week for the next episode. Then again, watching it on my DVD did mean that I stayed up waaay too late many nights and was dull at work the next morning, though...

April 02 2008 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary

the producers are pushing for a fourth season already?, after they left us with only 13 episodes in the third? that should be considered only "half a season" they need to to churn out 9 more to finish off the last season first and properly. how can you improve a low rated show? maybe we can send out decapatated origami paper swans with that message on it. to "get on the ball" and finish up season #3 before starting season #4. we're not ready for #4

March 26 2008 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Guilty Pleasure? I'd consider AI or DwTS such programming, but not Prison Break.

Glad to see it coming back. Now, Michael can get Gretchen, and Lincoln can get his lady.

March 25 2008 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply