December 22, 2014

TV Squad presents the rest of the 2007-08 season

by Richard Keller, posted Mar 26th 2008 10:04AM

Battlestar Galactica is one of the many shows returning to TV this springHear that sound -- a nearly inaudible rumbling coming over the horizon? Everyday it is getting louder and louder. Soon, the stampede that is the return of scripted series back from the depths of the WGA strike will overrun our televisions and computer screens, bringing overwhelming joy to our lives.

Okay, that statement may be a little flowery, but the sentiment is still there. After a very long dry period a good many of our favorite comedies and dramas are returning to the television landscape. We've had a taste of it these last few weeks with the return of shows like The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Dirt, The Riches and Smallville. That was just a preview of what is to come. Over the next few weeks we will see the return of The Office, Scrubs, Ugly Betty, all of the CSIs, Battlestar Galactica, and Lost, among others.

Being the conscientious TV-related web site that we are, we have provided you with a listing of those returning shows, complete with the number of first-run episodes they have left to burn off before the season ends. Also listed are season and series premieres for a number of shows, programs that will be returning next season, and those shows that, due to the strike or the fact that they stunk, will not be returning at all. As usual, this list can change at a moment's notice. In other words, don't blame me if the networks change their minds.

Series premiere in Italic and Bold

March 30th

Cold Case (CBS) -- Six episodes to air.

The Tudors (Showtime) -- Season premiere

State of the Union (Showtime) -- The newest Tracey Ullman program.

March 31st

The Hills (MTV) -- Ten episodes to air.

April 1st

Hell's Kitchen (FOX) -- Season premiere

April 2nd

Criminal Minds (CBS) -- Seven episodes to air.

CSI: New York (CBS) -- Seven episodes to air.

The Real World (MTV) -- The 20th season!

April 3rd

CSI (CBS) -- Six episodes to air

Without a Trace (CBS) -- Six episodes to air.

My Name is Earl (NBC) -- Nine episodes to air.

April 4th

Duel (ABC) -- Season premiere

Ghost Whisperer (CBS) -- Six episodes to air.

Numb3rs (CBS) -- Six episodes to air.

Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi) -- Season premiere. Two BSG specials to air on March 28th.

April 7th

Samantha Who? (ABC) -- Six episodes to air.

April 8th

NCIS (CBS) -- Seven episodes to air.

Boston Legal (ABC) -- Six episodes to air.

April 9th

Idol Gives Back (FOX)

April 10th

30 Rock (NBC) -- Five episodes to air.

The Office (NBC) -- Seven episodes to air.

Scrubs (NBC) -- Five episodes to air.

ER (NBC) -- Six episodes to air

April 11th

The Sarah Jane Adventures (SCI FI) -- The Doctor's most favorite companion in her own series.

April 13th

Desperate Housewives (ABC) -- Seven episodes to air.

April 14th

One Tree Hill (CW) -- Six episodes to air.

Dirty Jobs (Discovery)

Bones (FOX) -- Damn you, American Idol, for mucking up the schedule. Six episodes to air.

April 15th

According to Jim (ABC) -- Seven episodes to air. I know, it's exciting.

Work Out (Bravo) -- Season premiere

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC) -- Five episodes to air.

April 16th

'Til Death (FOX) -- 11 episodes to air.

Back To You (FOX) -- Nine episodes to air.

The Big 4-0 (TV Land) -- Oh, TV Land, what happened to you?

April 18th

Doctor Who (Sci Fi) -- Season premiere, and actually not too long after it airs on BBC.

April 20th

Brothers & Sisters (ABC) -- Four episodes to air.

April 21st

Gossip Girl (CW) -- Five episodes to air.

House (FOX) -- Four episodes to air.

April 23rd

Mythbusters (Discovery)

Law & Order (NBC)

April 24th

Ugly Betty (ABC) -- Five episodes to air.

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- Five episodes to air.

Lost (ABC) -- Five episodes to air.

Supernatural (CW) -- Four episodes to air.

April 25th

Moonlight (CBS) -- Four episodes to air.

April 26th

Robin Hood (BBC America) -- Season premiere.

The Graham Norton Show (BBC America) -- Season premiere. Or, as they say across the pond, series premiere. I know, it gets confusing.

April 27th

Aliens in America (CW) -- Four episodes to air

April 28th

Wildfire (ABC Family) -- Five episodes to air.

April 29th

Shark (CBS) -- Four episodes to air.

May 12th

American Gladiators (NBC) -- Season premiere

May 22nd

So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) -- Season premiere

Last Comic Standing (NBC) -- Season premiere

May 29th

Swingtown (CBS)

Not returning until next season

24 (FOX) -- Premiering in January 2009

Chuck (NBC)

Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)

Heroes (NBC)

Life (NBC)

Private Practice (ABC)

Pushing Daisies (ABC)

The Shield (FX)

Stargate Atlantis (SCI Fi) -- Or maybe this summer, who knows.

Not returning at all

Big Shots (ABC)

Bionic Woman (NBC)

Carpoolers (ABC)

Cavemen (ABC)

Journeyman (NBC)

K-Ville (FOX)

Las Vegas (NBC)

Life is Wild (NBC)

Nashville (FOX)

quarterlife (NBC)

The Return of Jezebel James (FOX)

Viva Laughlin (CBS)

The Wire (HBO)

Becky

Has any one heard if Supernatural will be returning after the four episodes beginning on April 24th and I thought they had cancelled Women's Murder Club although I really liked the show and I am a huge James Patterson fan anyway.

April 11 2008 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

I agree with saving Las Vegas. They should at least let us know about Delinda and Danny and the baby of course.
I would also like to see what happens with Mike and his wife.

April 11 2008 at 1:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacey

Any word on Women's Murder Club? I know it's coming back with new executive producers or whatever, but does anyone know WHEN it's coming back?

March 28 2008 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kandyegirl

Hiya ~

I am literally counting down the days until Moonlight's return :) While the new episodes do begin on April 25th, Moonlight will actually return to the air on April 18th. CBS is rebroadcasting the last episode ~ The Mortal Cure ~ that night. Less than a month to our Mick fix!

XO ~
Kandye

My Moonlight Fan Blog

March 27 2008 at 4:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Well, so far on Bionic Woman I've heard : cancelled, maybe not, cancelled again, saved again, and now cancelled again (!) in this article. I swear, either I've read the same news stories more than once, or they changed their minds several times. I am one of the (very, it seems) few people who enjoyed the show. Not saying it was great or anything, but enjoyable. Probable because I was a kid when the originals were on tv, so it was a bit nostalgic for me. I would still watch, but I'm not heartbroken if it's gone.

I am sad about Journeyman. I really loved that show. Between it and Jericho, I feel like I've lost best friends. It's too bad quality shows like them don't get an audience (at least according to Nielsen).

I enjoyed Life, but it wasn't a favorite like a lot a folks. Wish Chuck was coming back sooner, it's fun.

March 27 2008 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duchess Shannon

The Real World starts up again on April 16th (according to mtv.com.) There's some Real World Awards thing on the 2nd, so I guess that's what you thought. =)

March 26 2008 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patsy

Excuse me who decided that Sarah Jane was The Doctor's 'most favorite companion' and gave her a series. Who (sorry) forgot about Rowena? And Rose? Oh Who ( sorry) cares. I 'm so pissed at the whole strike I'm getting all my entertainment from Netflix. Look what they've done to Jack on24. Oh poop.

March 26 2008 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Patsy's comment
Akbar Fazil

Bitter much?

Sara Jane has consistently been a fan favorite companion for as long as I can remember (started watching Who in the early 80s myself)

Also, her current series (which is great for the younger set) is not her first spin off show.

March 27 2008 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

You forgot about Smallville. In the article you said it's already returned...but it's still on pre-strike episodes, the last of which airs tomorrow. After that, it's repeats for a few weeks until April 17th, when it returns with 5 post-strike episodes.

March 26 2008 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamhoff

How about Big Love? Anybody heard anything? Also, listening to KNX news LA whilst driving home yesterday, they expressed concern over not only how much the WGA strike affected all things LA, but that there are apparently rumblings that the Screen Actors Guild is talking possible strike this fall. Just what we all need...more reality shows!

March 26 2008 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TUIDAWG

I agree SAVE LAS VEGAS!

Also, does anyone know if Terminator: The Sara Conners Cronicles will be back?

March 26 2008 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply