April 23, 2014

Dr. Sara comes back to Prison Break?

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 27th 2008 4:41PM
Prison BreakPrison Break fans, you better sit down for this, especially if you were a Sara/Michael 'shipper. According to E!'s gossip columnist Kristin Dos Santos and TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, actress Sarah Wayne Callies will be back as a series regular for season 4 of FOX's Prison Break! No need to check your computer monitor, you read right: Dr. Sara Tancredi could very well be alive!

The actress left the show at the end of the second season. She officially appeared in one episode last season (a body double was used in the first episodes of the season) during a scene set in the past, since her character was beheaded in episode 3.03.

How the writers will write the character back in is unknown, especially since it was made rather clear that it was Sara's head in the box Lincoln received. Then again, if Charles Widmore was able to fake Flight 815 and its passengers on Lost, it must have been rather easy for Susan to get a believable fake head made. Plus, it's not like Lincoln had a DNA test performed on the head. He saw something that looked 100% like the real thing, so he closed the box and accepted the death as fact.

If Tancredi does come back, it's clear that they'll say Susan faked Sara's death so that Michael would do what he needed to do, to give him the ultimate reason to break out of Sona. The new question now is where is Sara? A question that won't be answered for a few weeks. I say weeks because, let's face it, spoilers will soon surface and provide the answer!

Kristin was able to get in contact with producer Matt Olmstead. The letter said that if Sara does return this means that Michael and she will finally be together.

Personally, I didn't miss Sara that much last season so this news is not rocking my TV world. Actually, I'm not sure this is a good decision. Then again, Sara had a good fan following so her return may help the show ratings-wise.

April Medlin

YEEAAHHH!!!! I am a devoted fan of the show and will be very happy to have Sara back- no matter how they bring her back!!!

June 22 2008 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MichDolly77

Personally I have always loved Prison Break! Michael (Wentworth Miller) is so hot I went all week long waiting for Monday nights to come back. Now I am wondering when it will be back. Does anyone know? I have been hearing alot about this Season 4 but haven't seen anything as to when it was coming back on. I am dieing here. I need to see what happens next! So, again does anyone know when it's going to start again?

June 12 2008 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lindsay

they would be COMPLETELY STUPID to not bring sara's character back

April 24 2008 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennie

Well, it's great she's coming back, and I actually cant see why everyone is thinking it's weird for the show, like it's sci fiction or something. I mean, Susan could just have taken another persons head and, it would be believable that she faked the head. If, let's say my theory is correct, maybe miss Sara Tancredi found a way to escape. I mean, really, Susan would need a way to make sure Lincoln would still believe they had her, and that she was serious. Since she didnt have any more photos to give Michael, she faked Saras death. It sounds like something that could really happen....dont you think?

Go PRISON BREAK, the BEST show EVER!

April 13 2008 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jennie's comment
Akash Kuttaiya

ikr :) bt in 1 part LJ tells lincoln tht he saw sara getting killed! im soo confused i havent seen season 4 yet its downloading... sooo yeh

August 26 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Logan

Kinda dumb that they are bringing her back...I never liked her character anyway, and I don't think Michael and her have much chemistry at all....But prison break is my favorite show so I really don't care what the hell they do because it is still currently awesome and one of the best on television today! I have confidence in the writers...I just think the creator Paul Schering needs a bigger role because last season I think he only wrote like one episode...

April 07 2008 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarah

or maybe she also works for the company and was part of the bigger picture from the beginning

April 03 2008 at 8:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary

i never did like that "stand in" with her back to the camera! it would've better if they never showed her at all as in michael's p.o.v. of just hearing her voice over the phone.

April 02 2008 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jammn

Here's an interesting idea: LJ simply lied and knows they faked Sara's death. Gretchen frightened him almost to death to confirm Sara's beheading (by hearing it and seeing it prepared). Or Gretchen did something else to him to make him lie. That would explain a few things and make for an interesting twist next season!

March 29 2008 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Len

i can't wait for Sara's return. Actually her sudden death are really pissing me off. moreover if you'd like to admit, viewers had no chance to see it clearly, about what'd been going on exactly. I agree, Michael need some lovin'. but i wonder myself....what if Sara is one of "The Company" accomplices? Well, it's only an idea anyway.One more, i think PB is one of the best and the most brutal tv series ever. two thumbs up from me.

March 29 2008 at 2:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply