October 24, 2014

The Celebrity Apprentice winner

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 27th 2008 11:54PM
The ApprenticeFor more on the most recent winner of Celebrity Apprentice, visit our Celebrity Apprentice area.

After weeks of tasks, bickering between Piers and Omarosa, "You're fired!" and money raised for charity, Donald Trump finally said the words "You're hired!" (figuratively) to one of the two final contestants: America's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan and country singer Trace Adkins. Since I know some of you haven't watched the finale yet, I'll name who was crowned winner of the first edition of NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice after the jump. I can confirm though that it's a man!

It wasn't an easy choice. In one corner, you had the player who followed the show's motto: "It's nothing personal. It's just business." In the other corner, you had the quiet cowboy who played a clean game but who didn't do as well fundraising-wise. I have to agree with Piers, this is a business competition and he won it hands down if we follow that line of thought. But his lack of bedside manners, as Ivanka put it in the live finale, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. As for Trace, he gave his all during the series and worked well with everyone.
In a poll we opened a few days ago, over 60% of the voters thought that Trace should have won. Even if at that time I wasn't 100% sure who I wanted to win, I've been rooting for Piers from the start. Yes, he is abrasive and should learn that sometimes it's best to stay silent. But he is the person who played the game the best.

Trump, remembering that his reality show is about business, crowned Piers Morgan as the first celebrity apprentice. Since the winner didn't get a job at the end, The Donald didn't say the words "You're hired." Some people may question Trump's ethics because he picked a player who played a rather ugly game. But then again, other people would have complained if Trump had "hired" Trace, saying that the singer didn't raise as much money and that Piers not only brought in the most money, but also many celebrities and won the most challenges. Do you agree with Trump's decision? Let your voice be heard by commenting below.

A lot of people, me included, were doubtful about a celebrity version of the show. But now that I've seen the entire season, I must admit that I was entertained. If it weren't for contestants like Piers Morgan, Stephen Baldwin, and Trace Adkins, the series wouldn't have been as fun to watch. It was definitely my guilty pleasure during strike time. The celebrity edition of the reality show will return sometime next year with a second crop of celebrities.

Out of 5 (being the highest), how would you rate the first season of The Celebrity Apprentice?
5761 (37.5%)
4567 (28.0%)
3208 (10.3%)
271 (3.5%)
1113 (5.6%)
I didn't watch the show.307 (15.1%)

broonloon

Hahaha. That is most politically correct thing I have ever read!
Where are you from?? I need to know so I never go there.

May 22 2008 at 4:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pj

I have hated Piers from the start. He's just a straight up jerk. Trace should of won! He was there for his daughters and did the best he could to fight for them. In the end i think Trace showed passion and dedication to the apprentice therefore he should of been the winner.

May 01 2008 at 9:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K.Sangpenchan

I think Trump made a right choice.

For business, if i want to hired someone to work for me, I believe that Morgan will be the one.

April 27 2008 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dtrinh

Piers should have won, NO QUESTION about it!
Like others, I have a newfound admiration and the utmost respect for him, and for what he was able to accomplish on the show. I think he is honorable and he carried himself with integrity throughout. Love Piers Morgan!!

April 02 2008 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Delia

Piers was great. He never once showed anything but class. business savy, street smarts. He won hands down. I never found him offensive or abrasive. Just extemely intelligent. Omorosa should never be on T.V. again. She is a disgusting human being. I will never watch her on anything else she is on. She makes me ill. As Lenox Lewis said "she is ghetto."
Trace A. is a nice guy but "nice" don't pay the rent.
Bravo Trump on your decision.

March 30 2008 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Sarov

Thank you for reading my comment.

March 29 2008 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rumaniac

It blows my ind that people think Trace should have won. Piers said it best, if this was a popularity contest then Trace should have won.

Sure women melt because Trace is a real man with a sexy voice but Piers slaughtered him when it cam to business.

March 29 2008 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I wanted Trace to win... but knew it would be Morgan.

That being said, it shoulda been Carol and Morgan up there duking it out.

March 29 2008 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

Congratulations P.Morgan. You were and are the absolute winner from the biginner to end period.
You are simply brilliant.
Donald says: "money talks". Woudn't be you, Donald would have gone agains his books, himself, etc. It was about making money, you made it period. It was not bout being a cowboy. What else you want it? Morgan made tones of money for the real heroes, nor for reach kids allergies, given them zyrcom.
Morgan is the only man on earth with gut to put that nasty black woman painful to watch in where she belong the trash, starting with, what was she doing there, she is not a celebrity, she is only black, for no saying n...what is the problem with the word is the name of a color in Latin language, in Spaninsh language, and is the true that is all she is. The show was phenomenal classic and entairtainment once she was gone. Why people cannot accept the true, the true is the true. Mr. Pierce Morgan you are a trueful winner, and thank you for your charity for our american heroes. Thank you to Ducchess Fergie, my adorable Simon Cow, he is a real man too, and to the Osborne that help. As for Mr. Trump, my husband and I are "slaves" of your show since the first one. Only one thing to beg you, please make sure "celebrities are celebritoes, that black thing has never been a celebrity.
Viewer deserve class, chicness and good entetairment.
Congratulations Mr. Trump and family!
Congratulations Mr. Pierce Morgan. Keep defending your family with all you got, and you got a lot.
I absolutelly love you, God Bless you.
Enjoy your clean triumph.
Cindy Manuela D.

March 29 2008 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Sarov

Piers was the front runner all the way. He is articulate, charming and was the most intelligent competitor on the show. He has much experience working with the public, having been on other reality shows and also the youngest editor of the U.K.'s News of the World at the young age of 26. He raised the most money and that was the target.
Way to go, Piers!