October 24, 2014

Here's NBC's new schedule

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 2nd 2008 3:41PM

NBC unveiled their new schedule today, weeks ahead of all of the other networks, and here are some highlights of their "52-week schedule".

New shows: My Own Worst Enemy, with Christian Slater as a spy (Monday at 10); the island adventure series Crusoe (Friday at 8); the Molly Shannon sitcom Kath & Kim (Tuesday at 9:30); and the remake of Knight Rider (Wednesday at 8). The new drama The Philanthropist will air in the My Own Worst Enemy's time slot in the winter. Two other dramas will also debut in the winter: Kings (with Ian McShane) and Merlin, as will the reality show America's Toughest Jobs.

Returning: 30 Rock, Medium, The Office, Celebrity Apprentice, Life, Chuck, Heroes, Dateline, Deal Or No Deal, My Name Is Earl, America's Got Talent, Last Comic Standing, Nashville Star, The Biggest Loser, American Gladiators, SNL, ER, Law and Order, and Law and Order: SVU.

Gone: Scrubs (probably moving to ABC), Bionic Woman, Amnesia, 1 vs. 100, Journeyman.

Also: There will be a spinoff of The Office, which will air after the Super Bowl (along with an episode of The Office). Friday Night Lights has been renewed for 13 episodes. The episodes will first air on DirecTV in the fall, and then air on NBC in the winter. In the summer of 2009, NBC will air repeats of Monk and also debut the new reality shows Shark Taggers and The Chopping Block, and The Listener, a drama.

The network is also going to ask advertisers to sponsor entire programs, similar to how sponsors were involved with programs in the 1950s.

kenneth bell

well if the bionic woman is off then i will no longer be watching nbc the dumb reality show have hit an all time high and have no imagtion.

if i want reality i look out the window of my house or
watch the news so byebye nbc

April 06 2008 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

I may not like what they're putting on, but at least NBC realizes that networks need to shift to original programming year-round. It's been a long time coming. I also think it's a wise move to go back to the early era of TV advertising--it's a money making venture for NBC and a cost-saving measure for advertisers that will make them jump on board.

I don't like finding out that Life is moving to Fridays. I'll still DVR it but that won't help its Neilsen rating.

April 04 2008 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaveTehWave

I'm glad Journeyman is gone.
I saw it the first time when it was called Quantum Leap.

April 03 2008 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annacsmith08

a spin off of The Office is possibly the worst idea ever. Yeah, it's one of the best comedies on air right now - possibly THE best -and i hate to say it, but if they keep cramming it down our throats (like the 4 hour episodes), it's going to get old... fast. Who is it going to revolve around anyway? Karen? b/c no one cares about her. She did her job (getting in between Jim and Pam) and now it's over. Her coming back for an episode every now and then is great... but that's it. I mean, NBC almost ruined "Friends" with the spin-off of "Joey" - which didn't even make any sense, but I won't get into those reasons now.
p.s. shouldn't "The Office" also be listed in the "Returning Shows" portion? i hope that was just a mistake...

April 03 2008 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adhonus

You left out the news that there's to be a SNL Thursday Night Live alternating with the Office at 9:30 on Thursdays. What is that all about?

April 02 2008 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
foolish5501

NBC you suck, you get rid of my favourite new show last year (Journeyman) and the only other show i watched on your channel (Las Vegas), and bring back Knight Rider. Hope it's nothing like the pilot because that was a glorified Ford advert, and Val Kilmer sucked as the voice of Kitt.

April 02 2008 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mdaby3

Hope Hulu will keep me up to date with FNL!

April 02 2008 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrkorb

I hope this Christian Slater thing absolutely bombs. In fact, I hope that Monday 10pm slot is forever cursed because of the Journeyman cancellation.

April 02 2008 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mrkorb's comment
agentmichaelscarn

Don't you mean the "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" curse?

But seriously, the best new show of each of the last two seasons has ended up at the 10pm slot on Monday night and both times they've been dumped. Damn you David Caruso!!!!! Damn you to hell!!!!

April 03 2008 at 12:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

Ah, yes. Life in the graveyard 10:00 on Friday slot. I've been through this before with NBC. Twerps.

April 02 2008 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julio

Where is "Biggest Loser"?

April 02 2008 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply