November 26, 2014

Yes, next season really is the last season of ER

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 3rd 2008 3:01PM

ER

When NBC revealed their new schedule a little early yesterday, it was announced that ER will indeed be back for a 15th season. Now it has been announced that this indeed will be the last season of the long running medical drama.

This current season was supposed to be the last season of the show, but it had sort of a rejuvenation this year, which made NBC completely rework their Thursday at 10 time slot. While they tried a couple of different strategies in that time period, it turned out that the old show ER was actually the most successful.

Now, this won't be the usual 22 (or so) episode season that ends next May. The show will actually conclude its run next February after 19 episodes. After the show ends, its Thursday time slot will be taken by a new season of Celebrity Apprentice.

Now since we know this is the last season, we can all start guessing which old cast members are going to make a cameo appearance and who isn't.

Rachel

I don't understand why they can't keep this show going forever... keep rotating the cast. Love it or hate it, it still rates pretty well for NBC. Everything else they put in that spot rates crap..

Do they need more spots for "Deal or No Deal" or something?

And are you telling me that NBC won't announce ANOTHER hospital drama in a year or two (or less)??

April 06 2008 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Aww.

April 03 2008 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ORKMommy

Whatever will I do with my Thursday nights after next season? I've planned my whole evening around ER for so many years! The inhumanity!!

April 03 2008 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ORKMommy's comment
Oreo

You could always go out on a date. :P

April 03 2008 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annacsmith08

I've had a special place in my tv schedule for ER, and I'm glad that it was picked up for a final 15th season because I feel that this is a solid number to end on. Plus, the ending won't be rushed or forced. I just don't see how NBC can justify it's return when they won't bring back Scrubs for a final 8th season. They won't even let them finish it the way it should be. Hopefully ABC can be it's saving grace.

April 03 2008 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan Olsen

Now all I want to know is if Maura Tierney will be back... This season was supposed to be her last, but due to the writer strike, she may have episodes left on her contract?

Does any one have more info about this???

April 03 2008 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply