TV Obits: Burton, Jacobs, Leach, Pizer
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 15th 2008 4:24PM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Iris Burton: She was a veteran Hollywood agent (and former Broadway/movie dancer) who represented such child stars as River and Joaquin Phoenix, Kirk and Candace Cameron, and Adam Rich. She died of complications from pneumonia and Alzheimer's. She was 77.
- Seaman Jacobs: He was a veteran television writer who worked on such shows as The Andy Griffith Show, Petticoat Junction, The Love Boat, My Three Sons, F Troop, Diff'rent Strokes, I Dream of Jeannie, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, The Addams Family, Chico and the Man, and many others. He also wrote several specials for Bob Hope. He died of a heart attack at age 96.
- Robert Warnes Leach: He was also a TV writer, working on such early TV shows as Perry Mason, Ripcord, Men Into Space, and The Adventures of Jim Bowie. He was also a journalism and screenwriting teacher. He died at age 93.
- Larry Pizer: He was a cinematographer who worked on many TV movies and miniseries, including I'll Take Manhattan, Unnatural Causes, and Intimate Strangers, as well as the big screen movies Mannequin 2, Folks!, Phantom of the Paradise. He died at age 82.
- If you missed it, here is our obituary for Monk star Stanley Kamel.