October 21, 2014

Dexter dates his sister?

by Debra McDuffee, posted Apr 16th 2008 11:40AM
dexterIn this news item of paramount importance, we as readers, viewers and fans learn that Dexter Morgan is dating his sister, Deborah. It seems they have been seen romantically dining together, even celebrating.

What confusion will this lead to? When Dexter looks at Deborah longingly on camera, will he be wishing they were on a date? Or does he have the lust for a kill? Will they write the dating into the show? Will Dexter and Deborah become the first brother-sister couple on the air?

Get some perspective, people. Michael C. Hall and his co-star, Jennifer Carpenter are dating. Real life. Fictionally, they can still be siblings without a conflict of interest. Let's just be happy for them that they may have found true love, shall we?

Tim

What would bother me more is coworkers dating... and then if things fall out, someone has to leave the workplace to avoid all the tension.

Thats why I never date coworkers, no matter how hot they may be.

April 17 2008 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tim's comment
Bash

Yeah. God forbid one of you moves on to another job and you and up missing out on the love of your life.

I never hit on women who are in a relationship for I don't want anybody to do that to me. But co-workers?

Where else than in the workplace do you actually meet people nowadays on a more personal basis? I say nowhere.

April 22 2008 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandy

I heard about this a couple of months ago. It doesn't bother me. Michael C. Hall is a talented and professional actor and I'm sure he can manage to keep his personal life off camera.

April 16 2008 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Queer! You, Deb, are such a girl! Gosh, who even said it was true love? They're just dating, and its Hollywood so it probably won't last..not caring either way, as long as the show stays awesome!

April 16 2008 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I think that what everyone is forgetting is that Dexter was adopted and that he's not blood kin in any way shape or form to Deb on the show. While it might be a bit weird for them to date, they couldn't be more distant on the show. In fact, by the end of Season One, they got to where they barely "knew" each other because of all the secretive stuff Dex keeps doing. Just because they lived for a few years under the same roof and called the same man "Dad" doesn't really make it that strange given the circumstances.

April 16 2008 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Michael's comment
Jennifer

Yep but even with adoptive sibs it's still illegal in many states, ex: Georgia. ;)

April 16 2008 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alex

Guess you haven't seen all of season 2...

April 16 2008 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Same situation with Emily VanCamp and Chris Pratt from "Everwood": they played brother and sister on TV but were dating in real life. Didn't bother ME none.

April 16 2008 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

Incest is best. A family that plays together, stays together!

April 16 2008 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to MERVE-THE-PERVE's comment
nattyff

hahahaha... but matt is such a mess that even incest felt like a stretch to me!!!

April 17 2008 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

DIDN'T FEEL... sorry my bad :p

April 17 2008 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

What about Matt on Nip/Tuck? He was BANGING his sister on the show. And even when they found out they were brother and sister they wanted to keep banging. Christian had to tell him to stop banging his sister.

April 16 2008 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MERVE-THE-PERVE's comment
DB Kate

Not only was he "banging" his fictional sister on the show. I'm pretty sure he had a real-life thing with his tv mom, Joely Richardson. So...yeah

April 16 2008 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tc

I find her to be a quite attractive young lady who I would gladly squire about the town square.

April 16 2008 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam the Deaf

that's kind weird.. but it's real life. It's cool.

I should ask my girlfriend and pretend to be my sister in my own video show. heh

April 16 2008 at 12:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sam the Deaf's comment
Borat

Now that's just creepy.

April 16 2008 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Nate's gay brother and that chick from Exorcism of Emily Rose are bumping uglies? The adult in me says "Good fuh dem", but the kid in me says "EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!"

April 16 2008 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply