November 29, 2014

Hey, that X-Files movie now has a title

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 16th 2008 3:21PM

The X-Files: I Want To BelieveWe told you last week about the new X-Files DVD set and how the episodes on the set might give a clue as to what the new big screen movie will be about. Now we have another clue, sorta: the movie has a title.

Creator and producer Chris Carter has announced that the title of the movie is The X-Files: I Want To Believe. That's a perfect title! As fans of the show know, this was pretty much Agent Mulder's mantra and the caption on a famous poster that he kept on the wall in his office (on the right is a scene from the new movie). The first X-Files movie was titled The X-Files: Fight The Future.

A question for fans of the show: are you excited by this movie or do you think it has been too long (10 years) since the last movie and any interest you had in the show has gone away? I'm actually excited about it. The characters still hold my interest and it will be good to see them again. Now, that excitement I have might go away if I hear the film doesn't even address the alien mythology storyline from the show at all. That would be a kick in the head to loyal fans.

mrskinz11

I don't really care about the title, I hope chris carter does this film justice. I stopped watching when they brought in Doggit however I never lost my love of the X-Files. I don't care if it has been 10 years, I am thrilled to have Mulder & Scully back again. Time still holds true, Scully kept getting hotter as the seasons went on and now she is a bonified sex symbol. I'm in love with the whole thing.

May 01 2008 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

I'M SCREAMING FULL OF JOY!!!, these series was my first adiccion, and i will love it till the end, no matther how crappy the last season were or if these movie sucks too.
VERY COOL TITLE!!!!

April 17 2008 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandy

I'm excited about the movie, but not about the title.

April 16 2008 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

I just hope, for the sake of all the X-Philes, that it's a decent movie. There's no denying the the show kind of limped to the finish line (though I did like Doggett). Chris Carter criminally neglected the last few seasons of The X-Files in his obsession to get another series on the air (remember Harsh Realm?). Hopefully by now he's learned his lesson-and has written a good script.

April 16 2008 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

She's still so god darn hot. *sigh*

April 16 2008 at 10:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan S.

I'm with Paul, this is a resounding eh from me too. I am just excited to have a new x-files movie, but eh, this is only an okay title.

April 16 2008 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChristopherP

love the title!! and after 10 years am still very excited about the show and the movie. I still stay up late nights watching the reruns on TNT (even though they don't play it as much as they used to or they should!!)

April 16 2008 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shrbr04

gretest tv show ever!and more relevant now than the 90's.bring 'em all back,mulder,scully,skinner,doggett,the whole paranoid bunch."24"has nothing on the "x-files".

April 16 2008 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

I've heard this is a 'stand-alone' rather than a 'mythology' story, and personally I'm excited about it. I didn't bother seeing the last one in the cinema, but I probably will see this (when it hits the UK).

Hmm, now I wonder what other Fox off-air shows are crying out for a movie?

April 16 2008 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

i'm down for another movie but i'm really looking forward to a season 2 of californication. i always saw David Duchovny as mulder, but now i see him as hank moody

April 16 2008 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply