August 1, 2014

Another sign that Sarah Connor won't be terminated

by Keith McDuffee, posted Apr 17th 2008 9:02AM
sarah connor chroniclesRecently, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Fox Entertainment president Kevin Reilly dropped a little nugget regarding Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles that should make fans of the show sigh a little more in relief.

In the interview, Reilly mentions that Sarah Connor and Back to You are the "lead candidates" for returning for a new season, adding that they've "already started staffing" the show.

We already mentioned the high likelihood that the show would be returning before; several times, even. Is it because of Fox's track record with canceling shows, seemingly so quickly, that's got everyone so nervous about Sarah Connor's return? At this point, after hearing all of the rumors and mumblings that the show's safe, it would be extremely cruel for them to bring the axe down during the upfronts next month. Die hard fans are probably already planning a backup plan, thinking of what kind of crap they're going to send Fox studios to beg for the show to return. Any suggestions?

nattyff

these is my favorite new show, so i hope that they not axe it in las minute.

April 17 2008 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

MERVE: I nearly said that too! I think that's the one.

April 17 2008 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C C

The rumor is that Reilly really didn't want to renew Sarah Connor Chronicles, because he wasn't behind it's development and he intends to put his own stamp on the Fox network with sci-fi/fantasy shows that he personally greenlighted. Fortunately, the other execs at Fox believe Sarah Connor Chronicles has a bright future and refused to back down. It's going to be back, but I have serious doubts that Reilly will nurture it properly.

April 17 2008 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to C C's comment
MERVE-THE-PERVE

What about chess pieces? You can buy a cheap plastic set for under $5. That's 32 pieces right there.

April 17 2008 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

I really like the show - it's a better follow-up to the first two films than T3, and I was pleasantly surprised. Very glad it's coming back.
If they can it, I'm sending them a paper-clip. I'm not quite sure why.

April 17 2008 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Severed robot hands?

I like the show, more than I expected to (I'm not a big fan of the movies), and am happy that it will be returning. I suspect it has more to do with keeping the Terminator name in the public eye until the next movie comes out, and that they'll make efforts to tie the two together.

April 17 2008 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scott's comment
Zarquon

I don't think their making the show just to promote the movie. The two are both intended to bleed the franchise for as much money as possible (in a good way). I hope the show and movie have nothing to do with each other; I personally don't need a big over-arching "mythology".

As for what I'd send in, terminators of course! I'd wait until the robots take over (5-10 yrs tops right?), build a time machine in my basement and send a couple re-programmed ones to visit fox studios, thus ensuring a golden age of television for the future, one filled with multiple seasons of Firefly, Arrested Development and with no Family Guy (sorry).

April 17 2008 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply