September 21, 2014

Lucky Louie moves to CBS... sort of

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 17th 2008 12:01PM

Louis C.K.Great news here for fans of the short-lived HBO sitcom, Lucky Louie. According to The Hollywood Reporter, LL alums Louis C.K. and Pamela Adlon have been tasked with writing a new sitcom for CBS, where surprise - they play a husband and wife.

Sounds a lot like Lucky Louie to me.

CBS being network TV and all, there will obviously be some changes though. For one, the trademark raunchiness of the original Honeymooners-inspired half-hour will be gone, but I'm sure we can still expect plenty of laughs. The yet-to-be-titled series will focus on a married couple with too many children. Louis C.K. will executive produce.

While I'm thrilled about the return of something even remotely similar to Lucky Louie (they'll reach a much broader audience on CBS), I do have one worry. Between her duties as the voice of Bobby on King of the Hill and her role with this new project, is Adlon still going to have time for Californication? Her character was one of the best parts of season one.

lovelain

this is great news! good opportunity for norton and others too (nick dipaolo was on LL too and rick shapiro, laura kightlinger).

April 18 2008 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bilko

Garbage TV.

April 17 2008 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rocketboy_X

Lucky Louie uncensored = Freakin Awesome
Lucky Louie censored on network TV = Still damn cool

April 17 2008 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

LL was the best damn comedy ever. I am still pissed off that they shit-canned it after only 1 year. Jim Norton would be awesome in the new show. I just wish it would be on showtime so Jim could speak his entire vocabulary.

April 17 2008 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pete

Will Lil' Jimmy Norton be returning as the creepy friend?

April 17 2008 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cincinnati Mike

I'll watch if you promise I don't have to see Louie's wang in this one!

April 17 2008 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply