July 25, 2014

Update: Which shows might not be coming back next season?

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 17th 2008 3:02PM

New AmsterdamLast month, Anna told you which shows were on the bubble, the shows that were might not be coming back. Now TV Guide's Michael Ausiello has an updated list of which shows are in trouble. He gives a 1-10 rating for each show, 10 meaning the show is definitely coming back and 0 meaning the stars should start looking for work right now.

While I'm not surprised that ABC's Big Shots gets a 0 and that Cane gets a 2, I am a little surprised that CBS' Shark only gets a 5. That show gets very good ratings, though maybe he knows some insider gossip the rest of us don't. Sarah Connor Chronicles fans should note that he gives that a 9 (which I agree with), but New Amsterdam fans might be a little concerned about that 4 (originally a 6, but FOX just cut the number of episodes they wanted, so...).

Some shows get more than one number, like The New Adventures of Old Christine. He says that the chances of it being renewed by CBS are a 6, but if ABC picks the show up the chances are a 10.

Donna

i hope two and a half men gets cancelled. so many people are disgusted with the new show. i cant see it staying on much longer. adios amigo

January 17 2012 at 8:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

New Amsterdam is not coming back!? No!!!!!!!!!

April 18 2008 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathaniel

You know, with the low amount of viewership they've been getting on, well, anything on the CW, they should keep Reaper another year and hope it builds viewership. It still has a pretty good following, right?

Also, New Amsterdam is one of my favorite shows currently airing! I really hope it returns! Did they change the episode order before or after the pilot aired?

April 18 2008 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica Sadun

Reaper gets a 4. Pity--it actually has gotten way way better and people really ought to give it a shot before it's canceled.

April 17 2008 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Erica Sadun's comment
steveo

Agreed. Especially with the intro of Cady and less focus on Andi the show picked up a lot of steam. Hopefully it will not be condemned to Galdys' hands!

It is kind of weird seeing a name from a decade ago on usenet (raswr-j) at random on the net...

April 17 2008 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

Pushing Daisies has been renewed? yes?

April 17 2008 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gordon Werner's comment
Oreo

And Boston Legal better stay.

April 17 2008 at 9:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Esoterikal

Have I been watching a different version of Reaper? I've been consistently entertained by it. The melodrama with Andi has been distracting, but the entire cast is so game that its hard for me not to enjoy it.

April 17 2008 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

I'm just glad things are looking up for How I Met Your Mother and Eli Stone. Delightful shows the pair of them. For fans of shows not likely to return, I sympathize. I have had way too many shows I've invested in only to be taken away.

April 17 2008 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wraith808

They can't cancel The Unit! One of the best hours of TV out there!

April 17 2008 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

Them dipshits better not cancel the unit or himym. But if they do, I won't have to watch anything on Can Barely Stand (CBS) ever again. That is the last 2 shows that I watch on that shitty network. I have boycotted all new shows and when all my faves have been dumped I will be done with tv until they reform the out-of-date ratings system.

April 17 2008 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

The only show that I am really concerned with on that list is Cane, which was one of the new shows this past fall that I looked forward to every week. I hope some does pick up New Adventures of Old Christine; I will watch it if nothing else is on.

April 17 2008 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply