April 24, 2014

Dollhouse plot details revealed

by Debra McDuffee, posted Apr 18th 2008 8:04AM
Joss WhedonI am a true whore for any Whedon universe. I thank the Powers That Be for DVD releases, so I don't have to mourn over the loss of Buffy, Angel and Firefly. Heck, I even watch Toy Story and salivate just a little.

So you can imagine how excited I am that Joss will have a new series, Dollhouse, and that glorious new details have been revealed about the series this week.

Earlier today Bob mentioned that Amy Acker (Fred / Ilyria on Angel) will join Eliza Dushku (Buffy's Faith) and Harry Lennix (24 and The Matrix). So far, an amazing lineup. The fact that I get to see some of my old Whedon universe friends back with Joss' work is very cool.

Now, the pilot's script has been "released" and the reactions are positive. It has been called "The Bourne Identity meets Stepford Wives meets boarding school meets Los Angeles neo-noir meets the Whedonverse" by Jennifer Godwin.

You think that quote makes the script sound good? How about Televisionary's "Dollhouse is a beautiful enigma wrapped in a riddle, a gripping conspiracy story for the ages filled with urban legends, memory tampering, and long-buried secrets coming to the fore. It's a Shakespearean story of hubris and likely vengeance, filled with sound and fury and signifying, well, lots."

As soon as we at TV Squad get our hands on the script, you can be sure we'll post a kickin' review. Now I'm off to salivate ...

[via Whedonesque]

odd

Sounds like Dark Angel to me.

April 18 2008 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Always have to be someone who has to say the C word on every time there's a "Dollhouse" article. Well I'll give you two words back, "24", Prisonbreak". These are shows that also appeal to Fox viewers and they've managed to stay on the air. I'm tired of getting worried. If Whedon has faith in the network I will too. "Firefly" when aired had a bad start. Fox didn't air the two hour premire first. They aired the second episode. They didn't do right by "Firefly", Whedon himself knows this so, if he can trust Fox after that, I trust Whedon in his trust. I'm still wondering if AA is an opening credits cast member or merely a re-curring character. If she's the former then seeing two of the hottest Whedon girls sharing the screen for the next five plus years could just make this fanboy a little nutty.

April 18 2008 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

what's the point of getting excited over a new sci-fi show on FOX? They'll cancel it if it's good.

April 18 2008 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

I can't remember the last time I was so looking forward to a series. Don't disappoint me, Joss!!

April 18 2008 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

...meets Dark City (the imprinting memories things). Looking forward to this series.

April 18 2008 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Logan

I was already excited about this how, but now that they added Fred (Amy Acker), my anticipation is off the charts!

April 18 2008 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply