August 21, 2014

Betty White to appear on Million Dollar Password

by Richard Keller, posted Apr 20th 2008 10:08AM

Betty White returns to give the clues in Million Dollar PasswordIn an announcement that most who remember the older versions of Password would consider a no-brainer, it has been revealed that Betty White will be returning as a guest panelist on CBS' new Million Dollar Password series. And, really, if she wasn't even being considered would it even be Password?

White, who is 86-years-young, was a staple of the original version of Password when it started back in 1961 as well as the revived 70s and 80s versions of the show. Much of that connection came from her marriage to original Password host Allen Ludden. White and Ludden were married in 1963 and remained together until his death from stomach cancer in 1981.

White will be joining host Regis Philbin for this new version of Password, which will combine elements from the previous three versions as well as provide a one million dollar payoff -- something Regis is familiar with. In addition to Betty, other panelists that have signed on for Million Dollar Password are Rosie O'Donnell, How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick Harris, world-conqueror Rachael Ray, and High School Musical's Monique Coleman. Million Dollar Password premieres Sunday, June 1st, at 8 pm on CBS.

Donald

10:55 pm Dallas Time on 5-W-21-08
Say will anyone know how lonnng will this gameshow called "Now You See It" will be on "GSN" i sure love that Game show & the Theme Music from it also ! the Host is "Jack Narz" he look's cool ! :)

May 21 2008 at 11:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

She needs to be on the new Match Game 2008 and Boston Legal.

April 20 2008 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Oreo's comment
erroneous_nick

Betty White on the new Match Game? If that were to happen I'd definitely watch and I'm no fan of game shows.

April 21 2008 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

"...Rosie O'Donnell...".

I would have watched . Now I won't. I cant stand her.

April 20 2008 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Betty White was married to Allen Ludden? Who knew?

April 20 2008 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Galley's comment
lucyfan62

I thought everyone knew Betty was married to Allen...but I guess that only applies to people of a certain age. God, I feel old now!

April 20 2008 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

It's a real shame Betty White isn't on TV more. She's still as sharp and probably even more hilarious than she's ever been. Every time I see her on something, she's just plain funny.

April 20 2008 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply