November 28, 2014

Journeyman fans might want to see the new Terminator flick

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 21st 2008 2:38PM

Moon BloodgoodDid you even know there was going to be a fourth film in the Terminator series? Yup, and it's going to star Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, and Anton Yelchin (Huff and Chekov in the new Star Trek movie). Sorry, Arnold Schwarzenegger is busy being the Governor of California, but there another name added to the cast, and what a cool name it is.

Moon Bloodgood, who played Livia in Journeyman and Rita in the short-lived Daybreak, is about to sign on to the new sci-fi movie, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. The film will be directed by McG (he directed the Charlie's Angels big screen movie) and is the first film in a planned trilogy. Bale will play John Connor (currently played by Thomas Dekker on FOX's The Sarah Connor Chronicles)., fighting evil robots after most of mankind has been destroyed. I have no idea if this plot will make sense with what is currently going on in the FOX show (or in the previous movies, for that matter), but thinking too much about all of it will give you a headache anyway, so just accept whatever happens.

Brendon Carr

Sci-Fi Channel has limitless space on its schedule for science fiction programs. They run ECW wrestling, for God's sake. What Sci-Fi doesn't have, however, is money to pay for good programs -- that network can't pay for Journeyman. Have you seen the other "Sci-Fi Original Series", like Flash Gordon? I don't think Sci-Fi could pay for the craft-services table on the Journeyman set, much less the music budget.

April 25 2008 at 11:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

OMFG, enough Terminator already! What stories are left to tell? It's the same formula over and over again: unstoppable Terminator gets stopped at the last second thanks to molten lava, giant magnets, etc. I thought T2 was one of the best action movies of all time, but everything since has been bland and predictable. Just my $.02, of course.

April 22 2008 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I just got Daybreak (finally I get to see what happens!!!) and I can't tell you how weird it is to see Livia waking up next to Taye Diggs instead of Dan! All it did was reaffirm how much I freakin' miss that show...

I'm still ticked off about NBC canning one of the best sci-fi shows since FOX unceremoniously dumped Firefly. Too bad ABC or The Sci-Fi Channel didn't have just one more sixty minute hole in their weekly schedules!

April 21 2008 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zarquon

I think I remember Daybreak not intending to have a second season (am I remembering right?). I think it was just supposed to fill the Lost hiatus. I liked it alright, but for some reason stopped watching it. I guess I didn't like it that much. Definitely the acting was only so-so; Taye Diggs is just too shiny and un-tortured for a role where his girlfriend is supposed to get killed repeatedly.

Anyway, this sounds like good casting news; if nothing else I'll enjoy reading her name in the credits. The real question is, can she kick butt Linda Hamilton style?

(reply links are on the bottom left of the posts; though some people's browsers don't show them. I think there's a post somewhere about that.)

April 21 2008 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Please tell me that is some kind of joke, dt3. Daybreak was OK, but they had no plan for the future, the acting was OK, at best, and it just did not deserve a second season compared to the other shows on the network. Journeyman, on the other hand, had real potential for the future, had excellent acting and writing throughout, and was just a fine piece of television throughout.

BTW, where is the reply links next to the individual posts, and the rating system?

April 21 2008 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joey Geraci's comment
Franklin

Omegapart!cle,

Re: Daybreak vs Journeyman

I couldn't agree more.

April 22 2008 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

daybreak >>>> journeyman

April 21 2008 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robby1051

Anton Yelchin is Chekov....

April 21 2008 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angelo

Umm The Sarah Connor Chronicles is on FOX. Which you got wrong twice.

Just had to point that out.

April 21 2008 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply