July 23, 2014

More Ghost Hunters for Sci Fi

by Keith McDuffee, posted Apr 21st 2008 10:01AM
ghost huntersI don't keep a very close eye on weekly ratings, especially for cable shows, so it was sort of a surprise to me that Ghost Hunters is listed as one of Sci Fi's "most watched shows" -- not because it's not good, but because I don't know anyone who watches it besides myself. In fact, I've been calling it a "guilty pleasure" all this time.

Sci Fi has some good news for us fans of Ghost Hunters, giving the show another 13 episodes for this season. They've also decided to give Destination Truth another seven episodes.

GH has gotten a lot better these past couple of seasons (it's currently in its fourth season), getting rid of all of the hokey drama that I'm near certain drove lead hunter Jason Hawes crazy. Viewers didn't want to see that crap; we wanted more of the supernatural and the science. These guys film in my neck of the woods of New England all the time, and I'm dying to get to ride along some day to report back on what it's like. Some day ...

Vargas

Sorry guys not a huge GH fan here. My Husband loves the show and while I watch it usually just b/c he does I have huge issues with it. Does anyone feel the same?

1. there is way too much drama on this show...I mean you are looking for ghosts for heavens sake not starring on a soap opera
2. why is it that all the lights have to be off when filming...do ghosts only show up in the dark? So then when they do see something of course it was too dark to show up on tape.
3. I don't mean to be overly harsh - I know this show has a lot of fans so I don't mean to bash it but I do call them all Pink Panties...it seems like they are always so scared of everything. I have seen them run away like girls AND we cannot forget the one guy who is afraid of spiders and afraid of flying and the list goes on. Come on you are actually looking for ghosts right?

April 22 2008 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A. C.

I am a fan of both Ghost Hunter and Destination Truth, although just started watching Destination Truth this second season. I'm excited we'll be seeing more of both!

Anyone know what happened to UFO Hunters on SciFi? Not that it was good or anything, but they aired 1 episode and it was gone.

The only good thing is that it turned me onto UFO Hunters on the History Channel.

April 21 2008 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to A. C.'s comment
Joanie

It's on another channel - one of the history channels I think.

April 21 2008 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

This show is so fake (like most reality shows are), but I can't stop watching it. It's definitely one of the better guilty pleasures on SciFi.

April 21 2008 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanie

Hooray!!!! My husband and I are big GH fans. It's the best out there. We even tape the A.I. results shows so we can watch GH every Wednesday since they're on at the same time. I just wish they didn't have to explain what EVP or EMF stands for every week.

Can't stand the one on the 'other' channel with Derek Acora. That one is pretty cheesy with the cinematography and the blonde who screams all the time when something happens. Besides, I have a hard time understanding them - lol.

April 21 2008 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Garry Winter

I really enjoy this show. It is much better this season than it has been in the past. I hope the people that went to Ghost Hunters International, do not come back to TAPS. Ghost Hunters is better with out them.

April 21 2008 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GL

I watch it all the time.

I agree, I think they've honed the show over the last few seasons.

April 21 2008 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SHANNON

You're just hanging out with the wrong people... MOST of the people we know watch it-- including parents and grandparents. It's great stuff!! If you ever get that ride along, I volunteer to hold your laptop case!(or whatever bloggers consider "work gear")

April 21 2008 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply