April 25, 2014

An early look: '24' season 7 cast and episodes - VIDEO

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 22nd 2008 9:03PM
Even if season 7 of 24 won't air for another 9 months, it doesn't mean we can't get our hopes up when the first official cast picture leaks on the web. Mind you, it may have been out for weeks but today was the first time I saw it thanks to a tip who sent us to SlashFlim.com.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who had never seen this cast picture before which is why I decided to share it with you all and take this opportunity to review what we know, including spoilers, about the seventh season of the FOX drama, including that two-hour prequel that will air this fall.

Spoilers coming up!

The regular cast (according to FOX's press site):

Some of the other players (some will be recurring, others will appear in a few episodes):

About the prequel:

• Because the time between the season 6 finale and the season 7 premiere will feel like an eternity, FOX decided to air a 24 prequel this fall. This special TV movie will cover the two years between the end of season six and the beginning of season seven.

About season 7:
  • With CTU dismantled, the show's setting moves to Washington, D.C..
  • Jack Bauer faces trial for his actions in the pursuit of justice. He'll have to work with Chloe to uncover conspiracy within the U.S. government.
  • Bauer's day gets off to a shocking start when former colleague Tony Almeida, last seen in "Day 5," returns after being left for dead by a terrorist conspirator in CTU's infirmary.
  • FBI Agent Janis Gold will be tasked to investigate Jack Bauer and other ex-CTU personnel. On her team will be FBI Agents Larry Moss, Renee Walker and Sean Hillinger.
  • One of the storylines will revolve around the death of the First Son, Roger. His death was classified as a suicide but his father, Henry, believes it was murder and wants to prove it. The First Gentleman will also have heart problems.
  • Olivia Taylor, the confident and driven 20-year-old daughter of the President and First Gentleman, is trying to make business with a pharmaceutical company and has a strained relationship with her mother.
  • The bad guys will be from an African country that may be called Sangala. While visiting Washington, the former Prime Minister of an African nation and his wife will be victims of a kidnapping attempt.
  • Chloe has a 1-year-old kid and a wedding ring. Morris is taking care of the baby.
  • John Brunner, an Ohio Plant Manager in his 40s, will try to prevent a potentially deadly catastrophe from happening.

Since 24 resumed shooting last week, spoilers will start resurfacing again. So keep an eye on our Spoilers Anonymous column for more goodies while we wait for the prequel.

In case you haven't seen it yet, the rocking season 7 preview:

bobby

I can't believe you actually think this picture is real. First of all, this is a montage, and a pretty bad one. Second, Ryan Chapelle that you see on the left died # seasons ago, with a bullet in his head, WE SAW IT !
So, before getting all excited about a fake picture, check your sources.
And I don't mean to be rude !!

May 28 2008 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bobby's comment
Deij

I can't see Ryan... I can see Tony, but they left his "death" and ambiguous one in the last season, and I'm pretty sure he'll be in the seventh season. I don't think this picture is fake; I looked at it closely in photoshop. But who knows for sure?

June 20 2008 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Austen S.

just think... we will have a new president (or at least have elected one) by the time 24 returns.... wow.

April 27 2008 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maggienp

Isabelle, Thanks for the great synopsis. It seems a little confusing in terms of which is information is from Fox PR and which represent true spoilers. Is the regular cast the only information from Fox? I've also seen all of the recurring characters in Variety and the Hollywood Reporter with the exception of Jayne Atkinson. Is she really confirmed? Are all of the bullets in the "About Season 7" from the initial press release and casting notes?

April 25 2008 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to maggienp's comment
Isabelle Carreau

The first four bullets are from the Fox press release (some are reworded). The other bullets are all spoilers my sources sent me over the last months.

As for Jayne Atkinson, I would say she's 50% confirmed. The information comes from IMDb.com. They are not 100% accurate for episodes that have yet to air but since she is listed in the prequel and the first episode (which leaked on the web if you recall), I thought that there was a good chance this info was accurate.

April 26 2008 at 7:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chase

Is it just me or does Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland look a lot like William H. Macy in that picture?

April 23 2008 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Colette

I can't stand it-January 2009. That is like forever.

April 23 2008 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MDH1980

Why is the tv movie continually being refered to as a "prequal" when it will air & take place exactly where it should in the timeline of the show (after season 6, before season 7)?

April 23 2008 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MDH1980's comment
Bash

Because they already filmed a bunch of episodes of Season 7, then the writers strike hit.

April 23 2008 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

< Oreo >
This season will be fantastic! Just you wait! The authors have a plan! All will pan out! I'd love to be JB's personal c***-polisher because, you know, if I (!) were Jack Bauer, I'd have a personal **ck-polisher! He's so handsome! And his balls need to be shiny at all times!
< /Oreo >

April 23 2008 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isabelle Carreau

I wasn't 100% sure about who's who in the picture since I don't know some of them. This is why I didn't post the list in my post. However, based on who I do know and on the names of actors we know will be important players in Season 7, I think this is the accurate list of names of the cast pic from left to right:

Rhys Coiro, Janeane Garofalo, Jeffrey Nordling, Annie Wersching, Carlos Bernard, Kiefer Sutherland, James Morrison, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Colm Feore, Cherry Jones, Bob Gunton

April 23 2008 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RJ

I don't think this picture should be on the front page in case people don't know who's in the 7th season.

April 23 2008 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to RJ's comment
D-Bo

The cast is not a spoiler. You saw more spoiler material in the commercial than in that pic...

April 23 2008 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff stiefer

damn, it's going to be a long haul waiting for the show to start up again. I would rather them wait and air 24 in a row so i'll comfort myself with that for now.

at least we will get Heroes in September. thats something.

April 22 2008 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply