July 26, 2014

Writers of CSI and Two and a Half Men switch shows, create crossover from hell

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 23rd 2008 12:41PM

William Petersen and Charlie SheenI can't believe this is actually happening. I've told you before how much I hate cross-overs on TV; it's tolerable if it's at least the same genre of show. This is like in-breeding. If CSI and Two And a Half Men were brother and sister, then their deformed, incestual love-child is what's going to air on Monday, May 5th.

We actually reported on this almost a year ago, that the writers of CSI and Two And a Half Men were going to flip-flop and pen an episode of the other show. Well it never happened. Now, according to this press release, it's a go. I would imagine that the Writer's Strike played a role in resuscitating this awkward match-up.

While I'm all about supporting creativity, this just sounds ridiculous. The ep of Men will feature CSI's George Eads (aka Nick Stokes... maybe he'll finally die) investigating a death at Charlie's house. The episode is called "Fish in a Drawer." Ooooh... spooky.

The CSI episode will air later in the same week on May 8th. The press release doesn't say if it will continue the story from The Two And a Half Men episode or if it even features characters from that show. So it's not really a true cross-over I guess.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of humor the Men writers try to inject. I watch CSI pretty regularly and it's usually kind of funny to begin with. The ep is called "Two And a Half Deaths" and will feature guest appearances from Katey Sagal, Rachel Harris, and Diedrich Bader... so maybe it will be funnier than usual.

[via Pop Candy]

Brooke

I haven't watched the show for a few years now. Got too boring with way too many really stupid graphic scenes. But I tuned into "Two and a Half Deaths" simply because I so enjoyed CSI's "Two and a Half Men" a few nites ago and for the first time in a long time really enjoyed the show. Very entertaining with quite a few funny lines. Even the story was fun. I wish they'd do more like this. I would watch for sure.

May 09 2008 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

I LOVE CROSSOVERS! But I don't watch either show so even if I watch I won't get the full punch of it.

April 23 2008 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaveTehWave

I recently started watching Two and a Half Men after discovering that Chuck Lorre is the writer/producer.

I'm sure there will some good lol's on the CSI ep.

April 23 2008 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DaveTehWave's comment
Bash

Yeah. And idiot-apostrophes.

April 23 2008 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Shakespeare could be revived to write an episode of "CSI" and I still wouldn't watch it. I only hope the CSI writers don't ruin one of only a handful of remaining new episodes of "Two and a Half Men".

April 23 2008 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

I watch 2.5 men but not CSI. I will def watch both of these eps though.

April 23 2008 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

Maybe the CSI: episode will be about a drunken sex addict that gets killed or kills someone else.

April 23 2008 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

I watch both shows so it will be interesting to watch how they incorporate the two.

April 23 2008 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

As long as they don't bring Grissom's "daughter with benefits" back, it shouldn't be too bad. One of the better CSI episodes for me was Fur and Loathing, the humor was balanced quite well with the gore.

I have never watched 2.5 Men so I have no way of telling whether Eads appearing would be a total bust or not.

April 23 2008 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply