April 23, 2014

Big Brother face off: Adam vs. Ryan

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 24th 2008 2:01PM
Big BrotherI've been an avid fan of Big Brother since it first premiered on CBS. I watched all seasons but one so far (I was away for one summer with no access to a TV) and started reading up on the live feeds last summer. One of the things I like to do when watching is trying to predict who'll be evicted next. So even if Jackie put a "Who will have the jury votes to win Big Brother 9?" in her review of Wednesday's episode, I decided to chime in and give my two cents about both players and make my own prediction. Is my vote the same as yours? Read on!

Adam
  • Adam had to suffer being partnered with Sheila. Some people may reward him for coping up with her!
  • He didn't show much backbone and let the others make the decisions most of the time. This lack of leadership may hurt him if the votes are for the best player.
  • Adam was nice to pretty much everyone and didn't get much blood on his hands. This is a big plus for him since people don't have a grudge against him.

Ryan

• He is dating Jen. This could be a major factor when voting since most of the household doesn't like Jen and voting for Ryan to win is, in a way, voting for Jen to win. Plus, she won money at the beginning of the show.
  • Ryan made many people angry and mad even if he tried to keep the blood off his hands. This will hurt him especially if the jury votes based on their emotions.
  • Ryan played the game very well and was a leader (especially when compared to Adam). Big Brother is a game so if the jury votes for the best player, Ryan will win hands down.

I don't know about you but I'm torn with this decision. Who will win the game depends on if the jury decides to reward game play or not. If so, Ryan will win. If they decide to vote based on emotions, Adam will win because he's the one of the two who was nicest to them. My guess is that the jury will vote for the one who got less blood on his hands throughout the game and who doesn't date Jen. So my vote goes for Adam. It wouldn't surprise me that it's a 2 to 5 vote, with Matt and either Josh or Sharon voting for Ryan. What's your take on this face off? Let your voice be heard by voting for whom you think should win (based on what you saw of both players).

Who should win Big Brother?
Ryan320 (48.2%)
Adam344 (51.8%)

MERVE-THE-PERVE

Evel Dick last year set the record for most spit launched in 1 season of BB. He probably spit more himself than all the rest of the hg's of all seasons combined. As far as somebody sueing them for slander, there are alot of people that have been talked about on there way worse than Squeila. If they had a case, I'm sure someone would have tried & won by now. They kinda have to prove what was said about them isn't true. Good luck with that! Hell, why stop there? They could sue everyboby on the net thats calling them names next.

April 27 2008 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darlene

I really enjoy Big Brother Series, I have watched them since day one. but this one I was disappointed with the people you picked. first of all there is Adam, he picked his nose, picked his butt spit on the grown (where people played games and sat on the ground) and also played with himself. to me the is discussing.. and the way Ryan and Adam both spit and talk nasty about Shiela, if I were shiela I would sue them for all the money they win. they did alot of slanter against Sheila and she was not there to defend herself.
Please do not ignore this !!!!!

April 27 2008 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mrs. Brenda L M Faulkner

I just don't get the sympathy votes for Sheila, All she ever did was to be two-faced, moan, bitch and cry. To my knowledge she never won POV or HOH (Nat gave her that one, she certainly did'nt earn it, and cos of that Nat went out!) and isn't her son 18? for cripes sake, he's hardly a little boy.
I hope Adam wins, in my eyes Ryan betrayed Nat and for that reason he does'nt deserve to win.
►☺~♥~☻~♥~☻~♥~☻~♥~☻~♥~☻~♥~☺◄ Bren.x

April 26 2008 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Why should the winner give money to Sheila? This is a game where the winner takes all. I find it absoultely amazing that people end up on these reality shows and expect a handout from the producers. While watching the episode with Sheila being evicted I felt sorry for Sheila. WHen her and Julie where sitting next to each other I saw one person that worked to get somewhere in life while the other person goes on a show to make their life better. Sheila needs to wake up and start putting her time and effort into areas that are gurantee to make her son's life better like EDUCATION and EMPLOYMENT.

April 26 2008 at 5:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Belinda

I feel bad for Sheila, If I won the money I would at least give her some, I would of rather been voted off a long time ago instead of being that close to the end. I hope Ryan wins and gives her some money. I don;t get Adam, one min. I'm believing him, the next I'm not, and to keep her around just because shes OLD!!!! I hope he watches these episodes and see hope much he picks his nose and his butt, he is just gross! At least Ryan confronts people on what they say instead of talking behind peoples backs all the time

April 25 2008 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
terry

I think people underestimate Adam's play. He was a high profile player (unlike sharon) yet he did not antagonize anyone to a great degree. Even Sheila who has a love / hate relationship with him will likely vote for him. Think of the misteps he's managed to overcome. His deal with james, his "words" to natalie at her eviction, his attempted deal with sharon. He survived to be there at the end. He may not appear to be a leader, but his game play is pretty good. I think he probably has sheila, james, natalie. with josh and sharon toss up. The vote will be 4-3 for Adam

April 25 2008 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

The way I understand it is that only the jury votes. They are sequestered, but they get to "compare notes" with each other, and they'll get to question Adam and Ryan at the end.

The non-jury members aren't in sequester anymore anyway, so they would have been watching it on TV like the rest of America. They just get to sit and watch what goes down.

April 25 2008 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mayday

I'm pretty sure Adam will win (well, I'm hoping hard!). Are those in the other house eligible to vote, or only the ones in the house with Josh, Sharon, etc.? In one house, Ryan will have Jen's vote to start with, his partner (what's her name), and maybe even Alex and Amanda. On the other house, Ryan will have Natty, Matty, and probably Sharon. He's got quite a bit of votes going but I still want Adam to win. At this point, I see them both as winners already. They've got cash to bring home so there's nothing to be sad about.

April 24 2008 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

Shelia and Adam were ACTING like they didn't like each other. He didn't suffer any abuse as it was an ACT. That's how they as a couple made it to the final 3. Everyone thought they hated each other.

Ryan took away Adam's gift to Shelia of the $10K and by going with Adam to the finals, took away another $50K from her. Adam should win. The "rewind that" from this year's Nerd Herd ensured Sharon will not vote for Ryan.

Overall this show has grown long in the tooth. Esp with Julie Chen pretending the Tues show was live when it was actually taped. Next year's BB will have the same stereotypes represented unless they try something new--maybe take a page from Trump and do a Celebrity BB.

April 24 2008 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Forget Adam and Ryan. I still think the Guinea Pigs deserve to win. After all, they made it clear to the end, didn't they?

April 24 2008 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Donna's comment
Isabelle Carreau

Actually, when I wrote this article, I was thisclose to add the guinea pigs to the poll!

April 24 2008 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply