April 20, 2014

Tricia Helfer gets multi-episode arc on Burn Notice

by Keith McDuffee, posted Apr 24th 2008 2:20PM
tricia helferTricia Helfer will be in good hands once her run with Battlestar Galactica is over which, as we all know, is coming up very soon. As part of her recently announced talent deal with Fox, Helfer will be appearing on USA's Burn Notice when it returns to the air this July (Fox produces the show). She will be playing Michael's handler for an uknown number of episodes. Hey, the more episodes the better if you ask me.

I just love it when two shows I love come together and involve the same people that make each show great. No, I don't mean a cross-over; with the exception of spin-offs, I usually hate cross-overs. When I see a director or actor I love head over to another show I love (or, in the case of a new show, one that sounds up my alley), it's magic. It's like when you switch jobs and and old co-worker friend comes with you. Except the whole part about hating the first job you left. OK that was a horrible analogy.

Arkansas

Check out Tricia in the new music video for the Old 97's song "Dance With Me!" It is incredible. Out of his prime BSG fan goes karate chop suey through a nightclub, even surfs a bouncer down a flight of stairs, all to get an autograph from Number 6! (youtube, SciFi.com)

June 16 2008 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

Great news!!! i love both shows!!!

April 24 2008 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

I'm just happy to hear that Burn Notice is coming back. It's a great show in a typically slow TV season.

April 24 2008 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

still trying to figure out what this show is all about.

Keith posted up a 5 page description that i am still only about 25% of the way through.

April 24 2008 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to david's comment
nattyff

the show is about a CIA agent that gets fired during a mission (and the terminology when these happens is "burn notice"), he almost get kill during the mission, and they dump him in miami, were he start to investigate the reason of the notice (plus, they froze his bank accounts, and have no previous job references, so he is kind of helples, wich sets the mood of the entire series and very funny situations).
I really recomend that you see the first episode, it's a very good series (very funny too), and you will understand the premise of the show right away (is not brain surgery... :), seriusly, you will not regret it!!!

April 24 2008 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

I think I'm going to have to start watching "Burn Notice". Tricia, thankfully is not going to be absent from the television/movie screens for long at all after "Battlestar", looks like the offers and projects are piling up, we're soon going to be get sick of seeing her on the screen. Oh, wait, that's not possible, all Tricia, all the time if I had my way.

April 24 2008 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

awesome news!

April 24 2008 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CRVBOY

So the Cylons do find earth!

April 24 2008 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply