July 23, 2014

My Name is Earl: Killerball - VIDEO

by Paul Goebel, posted Apr 25th 2008 8:44AM

My Name is Earl: Killerball(S03E18) " I got shoulder-humped by a doberman...to completion." - Tiffany Henson

I was wondering when the hospital would get around to giving Earl the boot. It only makes sense that Camden County's health care facilities are run just like everything else in the area. I love the idea of Camden Cash. I think I'll pitch the idea to some of our overcrowded hospitals here in Los Angeles.

Remember a few weeks ago, when I said how much I envied Jason Lee? Well, after seeing him wedged in that shopping cart and bounced around in that wheelchair, I am forced to rescind that statement. It's good to see Mr. Lee is still willing to work for a living.

Well, it looks like the Earl writers have found a new fetish to appeal to. After having Alyssa Milano spend one episode in a leotard and another with pregnant belly, they decided, in tonight's offering, to make her look like the hottest senior citizen since Mona Robinson (all irony intended).

As hilarious as I find Patty the hooker, I'm always a little grossed out by her. Only in a place like Camden County are the hot ladies maids and psychopaths, and the oldest profession is run by one lone mutant. The only image more frightening was Randy blow drying Earl's jewels. Do you think he used a new pair of tongs every time?

How awesome were the Henson kids? When I saw Chris Thornton on Unhitched a few weeks ago, I thought it would be cool if he got his own show. Now I'm thinking that he and Katy Sullivan should star in one together. I can see it now. A sitcom about a married couple who are paraplegics and go around being jerks to everyone cause most people don't have the nerve to stand up to them. Michael Richards can play their wacky neighbor, who they love because he is completely insensitive to their situation. Sounds like a winner to me. They can call the show Wheel People.

At first, I thought that they cast actual differently-abled actors just to make the show more interesting. Now I realize that they had to do it in order to get away with lines like "...added a pint to your catheter bag" and "Over my half-dead body."

What is it about seeing someone laugh for way too long that I find so funny? I don't know how he did it, but whatever Ethan Suplee was thinking about must have been pretty darn hilarious. I guess it's safe to assume he wasn't remembering Mallrats.

As funny as I found those segments of The Hickeys, I felt cheated that we'd never see an entire episode featuring the new cute kid or the wacky twin, but on the bright side, Earl is now out of his coma. I guess the only thing left to do is figure out how to revive Billie and then things will get back to normal.

Which episode of The Hickeys would you like to see most?
The "Very Special Episode"33 (23.2%)
The "New Cute Kid"19 (13.4%)
The "Wacky Twin"90 (63.4%)

Curtis Gibby

I thought it was ironic and funny that they brought up the "Cute New Kid" gag, when "Who's the Boss" (featuring Alyssa Milano back in the 80's/90's) did that with the adopted kid Billy.

April 26 2008 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuck

Mallrats rules.

April 26 2008 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

God, this was the worst episode ever on so many levels. When Joy has to be the voice of reason, Catalina's off the show, and "coma" takes on a whole new definition that even with the nature of this show looks so very wrong...plus, MORE BORING HICKEYS! NO!

Thank god it's over.

April 25 2008 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wild Bill

Our long national nightmare of this season is almost over! Between the prison and the coma, I can't wait for the show to get back to its regular formula.

April 25 2008 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

I thought this episode was pretty good, but I am not an old-person or pregnant fetishist, I just wanted her to stay as a 50s housewife, that was hot.

BTW, the Wheel People thing is hilarious...

April 25 2008 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

For future polls, please include a "none of the above" option.

I didn't think this episode was all that great. I guess it exceeded my personal limit for cripple humor, though the pimp's wheelchair was hilarious. And I am damn glad to get Earl out of that coma.

April 25 2008 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tommy

How can you get through a review and not mention guest star Kevin Rankin pretty much playing Herc, his character from Friday Night Lights! He had the "catheter bag" comment and he's not even disabled.

IMHO on of the best Earl's in a while.

April 25 2008 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Happy Steve

I wonder if this counts as a clip-show. I suppose 'The Hickeys' has finally jumped the shark then. Oh man! That would've been a GREAT way for Earl to leave his sitcom world... literally jumping a shark.

April 25 2008 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DarthPaul

What he said ^^^

Mallrats is a classic film!

April 25 2008 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

Wait a minute, was that a dig at Mallrats? Mallrats is class.

April 25 2008 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply