July 28, 2014

Nathan Fillion, Alyssa Milano up for leads on ABC

by Anna Johns, posted Apr 25th 2008 2:21PM
alyssa milano; nathan fillionAs a Firefly fan, I'll lead this story with the Nathan Fillion news. Fillion is reportedly in negotiations for a starring role in an ABC comedy called Castle. It's described as a "comedic procedural about a famous mystery novelist helping the NYPD solve crimes". Fillion is up for the role of that famous novelist. That sounds like his cup of tea, doesn't it? He has comedy in his blood, but can also bring on the drama when necessary. Currently, Fillion has a recurring role on Desperate Housewives and just finished filming a movie called Chilled in Miami.

Alyssa Milano currently has a recurring role on My Name is Earl (I assume she's still there -- haven't seen last night's episode yet). She is in talks to star in an untitled project for ABC about a young woman "who tries to break free of her overbearing and dysfunctional family, friends and boss." It's a single-camera comedy. Kind-of sounds like Samantha Who? but without the amnesia schick.

Coronaboy

Alyssa was in fact on this weeks ep of My Name... and it would be nice if she had a series of her own. I was pissed when I heard Reinventing the Wheelers was passed on. Alyssa seems to hold her own pretty good, no matter what she does. Comedy/Drama/Sci-Fi. Keeping my fingers crossed she lands the series.

April 26 2008 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

So basically h0'se doing a guy version of Murder, She Wrote? Not the most original plot idea ever, but then Hollywood is in short supply of originality these days.

April 25 2008 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

I really like him as an actor but he has just had the worst luck, but as Cyantre says now that its an ABC show he might have a chance

April 25 2008 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

Maybe if Nathan stars on a show on ABC it won't be cancelled before it gets a chance to get off the ground.

April 25 2008 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

I thought that guy was Jason Bateman...

April 25 2008 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Danielle's comment
Grover

seriously.... those two could be long lost twins

show me a picture of one or the other and i won't be able to tell the difference. All this time I thought they were the same person: Jason Bateman.

April 25 2008 at 9:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply