July 31, 2014

Casting for the new 90210: Hilary Duff?

by Brad Trechak, posted Apr 26th 2008 11:03AM
Hilary Duff Hilary Duff is the new Patrick Stewart. By that, I mean it's rumored that she is going to be the star of Beverly Hills 90210, the Next Generation (Please note this is not the actual title. Just my take on it).

Apparently, she's been approached by the CW for the role of Annie Mills, a high school girl into theater, boys, cars, iPods, cosmetic surgery, ostracizing her friends and all the other standard things that Beverly Hills girls are into. There is no word yet on whether she's accepted the role.

It's a good thing that Hilary hasn't taken the path of other certain ex-Disney ladies. Otherwise she'd be offered a reality show instead.

It is time for Hilary to move on. She's getting too old for Disney and would serve her generation better by growing up with them. When she reaches 60, perhaps she'll be asked to star in Murder, She Wrote: The Next Generation.

[via TVTattle.com]

Coronaboy

I think this would be a great role for her, I mean think about it... 90210 had a lot of stuff happen. So look for them to do the same with this series. I've heard Jennie Garth was asked to join the series, no clue if she accepted or not. I know she lost her father recently, and wondered if she was ready for something like this or not.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that both ladies are signed on/accept the offer. It would give me something else to watch on CW, besides One Tree Hill. :)

April 26 2008 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

She would fit into the show perfectly.

April 26 2008 at 8:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tristan

Yes it is good to see that Hilary Duff is still doing good she will always be my favorite from disney with HER amazing songs and talent. If she does get this then I may find myself watching every single episode. Go!!!!

April 26 2008 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

I loves me some Hilary Duff, but she really needs to move beyond the high school roles.

April 26 2008 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Aw damn. And to think I was mildly (okay, extremely) excited for this show. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. It's completely ruined. Hilary Duff is probably one of the worst people they could ever think to cast. If this really happens, I don't think I'll be watching.

April 26 2008 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

OK, I'll admit I liked Hilary Duff back in her Disney days and found her squeaky clean image refreshing. But, at the same time I don't think her acting range is all that stretch-able. While I could see her as a special guest star, I think her reputation outside the show would overshadow what occurs within it.

April 26 2008 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply