December 19, 2014

Promo for final season of The Shield - VIDEO

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 29th 2008 5:22PM

Benito Martinez and Michael Chiklis
Remember this scene? It's from the season six finale of The Shield. Mackey is showing Aceveda all the dirt he's got on Cruz Pezuela and the Mexican mob. Seems like forever ago ... and it was. It's been almost a year and we're still waiting for a resolution. FX has been scant with news regarding the seventh season of its trademark show. Supposedly, it's returning in September so that its final thirteen episodes are not competing with the Olympics. It should be coming back sooner if you ask me. I don't really see too much audience intersection between fans of The Shield and fans of floor gymnastics routines.

I haven't watched too much FX lately, only because there hasn't been anything good on since Nip/Tuck and the mediocre Dirt both ended. There's no Damages, Rescue Me or It's Always Sunny... for a while either. So who knows how long the following promo has been running, but I stumbled on to it while goofing around on YouTube earlier today. As we've come to expect, there aren't many details - it just says something about a 2008 return. No new scenes either. It's all clips from season six. But you know what? It's something about The Shield and for that reason alone, I'm excited. September (I hope) can't come soon enough.

Don Lemaire

I'll go along with everyone else - The Shield is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Having said that I feel compelled to opine that Fox really blew it with this show. There's no valid excuse for keeping the show off the air for a year (twice) between seasons. It seems to me that the goal of a TV network is to have hit shows (like the Shield) on the air. I can't help but wonder how many fans have been lost in the void, or feel sufficiently insulted to "boycott" the show. I find myself wanting the show to end just to find closure with respect to the multitude of unresolved issues, such as the disappearance of Teban (did I get the name right?) after his car wreck. Suffice it to say that I'm very disappointed with the way Fox managed my fav - o - right of all times TV shows. (As Gomer would say: "Shame, Shame, Shame".)

June 11 2008 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
karla

this show is friggin awesome and i cannot wait for this show to be renewed! the final season, whatever. i will wait for the dvd collectors edition to come out and buy 2 sets. sweet! and you, john holliday, are a debbie downer. you imply that the show is in bad taste but say that "everytime you see it...etc" , the easiest way to minimize your disgust would be to not watch the show or go to websites like this with the sole purpose of ticking off the fans. idiot.

May 27 2008 at 11:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john Holliday

The shield is a perfect example of writers going wrong.
This show debuted not that much after 9/11..when we needed to see the police in a good light...what a dissappointment when it the 1st show we see cops corrupt and Mackey murdering a good police officer.
I saw him on a talk show and when asked about it..
he said...awe he was a rat anyhow...since when is a good cop a rat?
everytime I see the show i hope they all get busted..
and I still hope they go to jail..and let the cons take care of them. This show has been in very bad taste from the start. and never should have been renewed

May 19 2008 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to john Holliday's comment
karla

oh get over it and offa your high horse. its a tv show. after 9/11, we didnt need a tv show to tell us that those first responders were heroes, we already knew that. the tv show is for entertainment. if you don't like it don't watch it, but do the rest of us who do like it a favor and do your preaching elsewere. what a killjoy.

May 27 2008 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mona Burchfield

How can u make this the last show we love it, and can hardly wait for the new series to start. please dont make this the last show.

May 11 2008 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D-Bo

I absolutely cannot wait. The Shield is one of the greatest shows on television, period.

April 30 2008 at 1:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAW

April 29 2008 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

There's not much in the video to get excited about, but I can't wait regardless. The Shield is one of my favorite shows of all time.

April 29 2008 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jim's comment
pattibarrett753

Hi, Jimmy!
I am also a huge fan of The Shield, but unfortunately I have been in and out of the hospital and missed so much.
How did Vic find out Shane (the creep) was Curtis' assassin? I saw a clip where Vic tells Shane, "If I ever see you again, I will kill you" and thought FINALLY, Shane will be exposed as the stone cold killer. How do you drop a live grenade onto the lap of your friend??? Jimmy, if you read this, maybe you could fill me in OR tell me where I could find this info on the internet.
Your (Shield) friend,
Patti email pattibarrett753@aol.com :o)

April 29 2008 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Patti: Jonathan's reviews are archived at: http://www.tvsquad.com/category/the-shield/

Scroll down a bit for last season, which set up what is sure to be one hell of a final season.

April 29 2008 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply