July 24, 2014

Bret Harrison wants your socks

by Brett Love, posted Apr 30th 2008 5:23PM

Bret Harrison - ReaperOK, technically, I suppose David Baldy - Bret's writing partner - is asking for them, but he's doing it on bretharrison.com, so it counts just the same. After noting that the LA Times has declared Reaper to be "on the bubble," the pair are suggesting fans flood CW HQ with socks. They even provide this handy Amazon link to help you make your sock purchase.

Even if you don't want to join in by sending socks to support the show, you might at least consider digging out the old fountain pen and scribbling out a letter to send along to the network. I think writing it in your own blood captures the spirit of the show nicely, but that is totally optional; regular ink will work just fine. With a little luck we might be able to save the show from being relegated to the dreaded "Complete Series" DVD shelves.

The CW
ATTN: Executive in charge of Reaper
411 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, California 91505

Jill

i think reaper should stay for, like, 10 more seasons, or more....it's the only show i watch unless im bored and turn on the tv and watch anything. yeah. and bret harrison doesnt deserve 2 have another show taken off tv. like the loop. and i think reaper is comin on again but everybody always has a different story...o well.

July 17 2008 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lolibutt

I'm with Nhex. I'm so sick of this crap. It seems that all the shows I enjoy watching get clipped. And for godsakes, let Brett Harrison have a freaking show! The last show he was on was cancelled too and that sucks b/c I think he's really funny and actually entertaining to watch.

May 05 2008 at 3:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bamboo

My wife didn't like this show from the previews before the series began, but I talked her into watching the 1st ep. I had put on the DVR, and she loved it. Now we watch it every week. Please don't cancel this show!!!!

May 01 2008 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chgosaint

I would only send a really stinky sock. That character - Jack Black Lite - is the number one reason I turned the show off. Well, that and the same episode week after week with a new demon... It actually makes Scooby Doo look interesting in comparison. At least in Scooby Doo you only assumed it was the land developer.

May 01 2008 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chief

I really hope this show sticks around for at least a few seasons. I really wasn't a big fan when it started, but it's gotten a lot better since it's started (the writing is pretty good IMO). Save the Reaper.

May 01 2008 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

It's a good thing the show doesn't have a character named Used Condom.

May 01 2008 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walt

Folks, a word of warning from your friendly governmental buzzkill, The Department of Homeland Security.

If you intend to send socks through the mail, please have them laundered first. We don't want any toxic materials sent through the mail.

Signed,
The people who think nail clippers constitute a terroristic device.

May 01 2008 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Walt's comment
Franklin

Please remind people NOT to use powdered detergent when laundering their socks. Any white powder found in the mail will immediately result in the complete shutdown of the postal system and all businesses within a 5-mile radius of the incident (apparently 5 miles is the blast radius of white powder).

May 01 2008 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Isn't that the guy from The Loop? What can we do to get that show back?

April 30 2008 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smashthesymbols

I'm so tired of all these silly fan attempts to save a show by sending X item to the network. I know, it worked for Jericho, but how likely it is it work again? Ever since then it seems like every mediocre show with so-so ratings there's a drive to send stuff to the network execs. Let's come up with a new gimmick to try and save shows.

That being said, I do actually really like Reaper. I'd be thrilled to see it get another year, it deserves it.

April 30 2008 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

Why would anyone want someone else's socks?

April 30 2008 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply