November 23, 2014

Dourdan could return to CSI next season

by Bob Sassone, posted May 1st 2008 4:41PM

Gary DourdanTwo surprises hit me when I read this article about CSI at The Chicago Sun-Times: one, Gary Dourdan might return to the show next season, and two, next season could be the last for the series.

As you've already heard, Dourdan was arrested the other morning for possession of heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, and prescription drugs. Seems that the cast and crew have been worried about Dourdan for quite some time and now want to help him even more. I guess sometimes someone has to hit rock bottom before someone intervenes.

But the even more interesting news is that Dourdan might return to the show next season, at least here and there. He was let go from the show a few weeks ago and wasn't expected to ever be on the show again. But now he might be asked back to film some episodes for the (rumored) last season of the show. You would think that suspected drug use and a departure from the show would mean that there would be no chance he would come back, so this is a twist on the usual scenario.

On a related note, a quick plea to CBS: if this really is the last season of the show, could you do me a favor and not replace it with yet another CSI spinoff?

[via TV Tattle]

Julie-ann

FANTASTIC.........,to hear that GARY was back on CSI set and doing great and getting great support.He's a lovely guy and only deserves the best.Ton's of love to ya Gary and here's to a much happyer future.

May 03 2008 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samsara

I think the very last episode of CSI should have Nick killing the people from TV Squad who want him killed off, now that would be a great show!!! Nick's got it in him! I know it!!

Unfortunately, it probably won't happen because the TV Squad writers are probably too ugly to be on TV, hence hiding behind the veneer of a web site.

May 02 2008 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

They are probably worried that with next season being Petersen's supposed last (yes we have heard that song before) the series won't survive.

Won't Dourdan have jail time?

Can they at least use the last season to give Grissom his ethics back and write the whole Electra -latent pedophile story line off as a mid life crisis.

It would have been great tv had they made her the miniature killer far beyond the tvs quad dream of killing off Nick.

May 02 2008 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

There is of course a significant difference between "expected by many to be the final one for the long-running series" and "next season could be the last for the series" if for no other reason than no one is saying who the "many" are. This is slightly below "sources close to" in terms of credibility in my view.

May 02 2008 at 5:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Aren't the rating huge for the show, so why cancel it?

May 01 2008 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

There are only 2 spinoffs that I would find interesting:

CSI:London (throw a yank starting on day 1 for PoV and introduction)

CSI:New Orleans ...and deal with culture, police corruption, and rebuilding

May 01 2008 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

I think they should do 10 seasons and well AND BRING BACK Sara! I still love the show but it's gone down hill since she left!

May 01 2008 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

I've been waiting for CSI: Minneapolis. You know it'll work.

May 01 2008 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

I wouldn't be surprised if they crank out 3 or 4 csi spinoffs that they can cram down our throats with. I'm sure they can find 3 or 4 more has-been film actors for the leads.

May 01 2008 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

WHAT?!?! it's hard to believe it's almost been 10 years since the show started. if they are going to end the series, i think they should atleast make the 10th season the last... then again if i had it my way nick would have died a couple of seasons ago, and sara would have been murdered by the miniature killer :) ..

May 01 2008 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply