September 23, 2014

My Name is Earl: Love Octagon - VIDEO

by Paul Goebel, posted May 2nd 2008 8:31AM

Three Kings of Camden(S03E19) "I'm a new lesbian!" - Catalina

In most places, knowing that a family of four is living in your favorite restaurant might make you think twice about eating there. However in that wacky Camden County it just makes the place feel more "homey."

The beginning of this episode was the most exciting two minutes I've experienced since I lost my virginity. Randy's account of what Earl missed made me laugh out loud, seeing Joy's kids actually trying to learn something was refreshing and learning that Catalina is a lesbian was like hearing a chorus of angels singing. Welcome back Earl!

I'm sure you true fans of the show noticed the slight change in theme this week. See, instead of doing something good for someone else because he wants to atone for his past bad deeds, Earl actually did something good in order to benefit from it. What that's you say? It's impossible to benefit from a good deed? Well, clearly, you have been watching too much Survivor.

Seriously though, while I am a fan of the list (mainly because of the nutty characters it introduces us to), I think it's smart to have Earl and company make a few changes in their lives, Shake things up a little bit. In Catalina's case, I mean that literally as well as figuratively.

Having Billie staying with Stuart was pure genius. Not only does it make perfect sense, but it adds a whole other level to the show. It's sort of like The Fugitive if Richard Kimble was a hot lady and Phil Gerard was a possibly brain-damaged redneck.

If I may share a little bit here, I was never a fan of Who's the Boss. The writing was childish and the acting was laughable. However, as Alyssa Milano blossomed into a young woman, coincidentally, I was starting to come into my own manhood. I would occasionally watch the show and marvel at how the beauty and sexiness of Ms. Milano could easily overshadow any shortcomings the show had. Now that Alyssa is a regular part of My Name is Earl I feel like a teenager again, which explains why this review is written the way it is. It's because I am plastered on Boone's Farm strawberry wine.

Watching Earl and Billie drive away in wedded bliss made me feel so happy for so many reasons, not the least of which was that the show is finally back on track. Not only was Earl able to find his own happiness but he now has an assistant with a normal I.Q, which gives Randy more time to catch that damn bird.

I loved this episode and I can't wait to see what happens with the rest of the season. In the meantime, I'm going to remove my picture from HotDilfs.com.

Which ther TV character should become a lesbian?
Pam Beesley34 (14.0%)
Liz Lemon72 (29.8%)
Eliot Reid100 (41.3%)
Joy Turner36 (14.9%)

RC

Was this the season finale? I thought with the ending it could have easily been a series finale. Earl got married and Catalina found her long lost love. Everything was tied up very nicely.

May 05 2008 at 8:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nola

I think Billie's gonna end up getting caught for the liquor store robbery and sent to prison. What better way to have Earl find happiness, but yet keep the show from losing any of it's charm with Earl 'too happy' and tied down. Plus conjugal visits! Female prison jokes. The show gets to remain the same for the most part. Earl and Randy's twosome remains in tact and their constant togetherness won't be seen as weird as it would if Earl and Billie were married. The list continues.

May 03 2008 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gowan

It was an okay episode, but it felt very, very rushed. Like perhaps they wanted to spread all of it out over a few episodes, but because of the strike, they had to condense it into one episode.

Also, for the survey, they already tried to make Liz a lesbian. How about Callie over on Grey's Anatomy? "I'm all about the penis!"

May 02 2008 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

Catalina's outfit made this episode worthwhile regardless of what happened...man, she is SEXY!

May 02 2008 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Puck

Glad I wasn't the only one to spot the bird thing.

May 02 2008 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

"Catalina's a lesbian now" sure seemed like, "yeah, we ran out of things for her to do." Oh well, at least hooking her up with Paco again should have some plot development, so yay. That said, anyone remember that she's married to Randy any more?

I am still unimpressed by Alyssa Milano compared to many other short-term girls of Earl's (okay, she beats ex-wife #2). So "yay, they're married?" Eh, not so much. This didn't suck as much as last week, but it wasn't great. Oh well, no comas = yay.

May 02 2008 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

Plot problem:

Randy has an irrational fear of birds.

May 02 2008 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Larry's comment
kyle

didn't he overcome that earlier this season?

May 02 2008 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply