July 30, 2014

Forget it! Sarah says she's not marrying Jimmy Kimmel

by Allison Waldman, posted May 5th 2008 8:25PM
Jimmy Kimmel & Sarah SilvermanSarah Silverman, the star of The Sarah Silverman Program, is fu*king Jimmy Kimmel, the host of ABC's late night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live. At least we assume so, considering they've been dating for years and kidding about their love story in public -- remember her video, "I'm fu*king Matt Damon," which he countered with "I'm fu*king Ben Affleck"? These two are a fun couple and seem to really have it together. However, don't look for Ms. Silverman to ever become Mrs. Kimmel.

Simply stated, Sarah Silverman told People.com that she's vowed to never marry Jimmy Kimmel. Nothing personal, Jimmy, she just likes things exactly as they are and doesn't want to muck it up with rice, flowers, lace, cake, invitations and all the other wedding malarkey.

Clearly, little Sarah never fantasized about her parents walking her down the aisle, standing under the chuppa with her groom, and seeing the man of her dreams shatter a wine glass beneath his foot, all elements of a typical nice Jewish wedding for a nice Jewish girl like Sarah.

She's not down on marriage. "When my friends get married I think it's romantic, I cry, whatever. But it's not for me." Are you really surprised that Sarah is an iconoclast? I'm not. She's one of the funniest women around, but in a completely unique and atypical way. Marriage may not be in the cards for her and Jimmy, but she's not necessarily saying that they won't start a family. "I might adopt, but we're going to wait. If you're going to have kids, you need to have time to give them undivided attention."

[via IMDB.com]

Chris

Sarah has always said for years that they aren't getting married. Why is this news, just because she told People magazine???

May 08 2008 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jayr2345

I've never liked Sarah Silverman. I just don't think she is very funny. I find it hard to believe she gets work the way she always bombs at these awards shows, Have you heard the silence in those rooms when she is telling jokes. makes me feel kind of bad for her

May 06 2008 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fred

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kimmel talked about it on Stern at some point, that she wouldn't get married until gay people could get married too.

Either way I'm pretty sure Jimmy's fine with it, and I find it funny it's news worthy to be posted on TV Squad, but that's just me ;)

May 06 2008 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe stalin

Well see she can be nice! Saving that poor borderline retarded Kimmel from himself.

May 06 2008 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SadOldMan

I hope she's sterile.

May 06 2008 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

Maybe I misread this somewhere but I always thought that they were going to get married BUT the reason that they weren't married was because Sarah wanted gays and lesbians to be able to have the right to get married as well.

May 06 2008 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

I thought they were already married.

May 05 2008 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

What's an iconocast? Sarah is not an icon and I don't think she's wearing a cast.

May 05 2008 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Sarah can go f*ck herself, she is a bitch who isn't funny at all.

May 05 2008 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply