September 16, 2014

RedEye tries to find the best character on television

by Bob Sassone, posted May 6th 2008 2:03PM

Michael EmersonPolls/contests like this always make me a little nervous. I just know that they are going to leave out one of my favorite characters, and it just ticks me off.

The folks over at RedEye in Chicago are holding their 2nd annual Best Character on TV poll. They give you a list of characters to go up against one another (in different "regions") and you vote for the one you like the best. It's tournament-style, so characters will be eliminated as the weeks go by until we're left with a winner. This is the first round of the voting, and it ends this Friday, May 9, so get those votes in now.

Some of the characters I haven't even heard of before, so in that case I'm just taking a major leap on who I want to win. But among the characters I do know, I'm voting for Lost's Benjamin Linus, Mad Men's Don Draper, 30 Rock's Liz Lemon, and Scrubs' Dr. Cox.

By the way, If you're looking for Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff, she won last year's tourney, so isn't eligible for this year.

[via Pop Candy]

John Stewart

I can't believe Capt. Jack Harkness is losing to Herbert from Family Guy. x_X

May 06 2008 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to John Stewart's comment
DK

Herbert is beating Harkness because most of the characters from network shows will beat the cable-only characters. Though the one chick from Grey's Anatomy is losing to Ari Gold....

May 06 2008 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
honey

How about Jimmy McNulty from The Wire?

May 06 2008 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DK

Yeah, the Cox vs. Devil matchup is the hardest one to decide, for me. Come on, how could Ben, Dwight, Six or Michael possibly lose against such low-level competitors? Organize better, RedEye.

May 06 2008 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

They should have chosen a reason to put them up against each other. I mean Flight of the Conchords against Don Draper? They are totally different people! they should have had funny people vs. funny people. But the devil vs. Dr. Cox is pretty accurate.

May 06 2008 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kracker

chuck was represented.

michael scott vs. morgan grimes

May 06 2008 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chadwick hansford

No Hugh Laurie? No Kate from Lost or anyone from Chuck? BOOOO BOOOO!

May 06 2008 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Nice contest!

I'm disappointed to see Larry David losing to Dexter, and Sheldon really should have a better showing against Dwight.

I had a hard time with Jemaine and Bret vs. Don Draper. A classic 8-9 matchup!

Where is Jack Donaghy? Relegated to the NIT?

May 06 2008 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Fail without Omar of "The Wire". Or are they not including that show because it has ended?

May 06 2008 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply