September 20, 2014

Spaced DVD coming with All-Star commentary

by Brett Love, posted May 6th 2008 3:02PM

Spaced DVDOur resident Spaced-nut Annie mentioned the upcoming region 1 DVD set back in March. If you haven't seen the show, just the fact that it's coming out is reason enough to go pick it up. It really is as good as everyone says. But if you have seen the show, it looks like this one will be worth checking out for you as well.

As I was going about my workday, a little blurb popped up on twitter from Diablo Cody that said, "SPACED (The ORIGINAL!) is coming out on DVD soon! (And a lucky bitch named Diablo Cody got to contribute commentary.)" That's interesting enough, and you should check out her Twitter feed. It's an entertaining read. Even better though, she goes on to add that we can also expect commentary from Bill Hader, Patton Oswalt, Quentin Tarentino, Matt Stone, and Kevin Smith. Sign me up for that.

A curious search later, Google sent me to spaced-out.org.uk, which confirms the commentary and goes into further detail about the extras included on the new set. They also have some fun quotes about the show from J.J. Abrams, Kevin Smith and Matt Stone.

Oreo

I have never heard of this show, but it's a British show so that's not shocking. However British TV shows are insanely priced so any word on price?

May 07 2008 at 12:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff stiefer

wow this is great news. Im a commentary addict so now i have no choice but too buy it (as if i wasn't already).

and i'll echo everyone else, it really is very funny. In the British Sitcoms Top 5, thats for sure

May 07 2008 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

This is the happiest news EVER.

Good lord I love this show. And don't be deceived by cheap imitations: McG is planning an American version without ever even having asked the British creative team. Accept no substitutes!

May 06 2008 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Sounds pretty sweet!! I guess i have en excuse to go buy since my 3-disc edt. is getting a little too scratched :D

May 06 2008 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

Sigh, I guess I have to buy it for a third time then.

May 06 2008 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

Best Comedy Ever. Or tied for first with Arrested Development.

On IMDB Spaced = 9.6 and AD = 9.6, making them (along with Planet Earth and The Wire) the 4 highest rated shows on the site.

Seriously Spaced Rocks. And wow it's been years since I've been to spaced-out!

May 06 2008 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply