October 25, 2014

Will Smallville season eight be sans Chloe as well?

by Brad Trechak, posted May 8th 2008 6:03PM

Allison Mack as Chloe SullivanThey've lost Lex Luthor and Lana Lang as regulars, and now it looks like Chloe Sullivan might also be swept from Season 8 of Smallville. TV Guide reports that Allison Mack, the actress who plays Chloe, is in negotiations for her contract.

This could go either way. The show is suffering from the loss of Michael Rosenbaum and Kristen Kreuk as regulars, which is likely why Mack's people are now trying to negotiate her contract. As the article mentions, without Chloe it becomes Lois and Clark: The Early Years.

On the other hand, all the ratings for scripted shows have been in decline since the writer's strike ended. Mack might not quite have the bargaining position she was hoping for. It's not like Smallville is as big as Seinfeld (and given the special effects, it's probably more expensive to produce). It would be a shame to lose Chloe as a regular since Allison Mack has such a nice smile, but that's show biz.

umar

here ples my name is umar am your fan from nigeria i will lik to jon your move i have an idia to make this movi grat but if you whant to conta me here is my phone number (+2348038933443)or my e-mail is(
umaru4rel@gmail.com)

July 10 2008 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lea

without mack n kreuk...?stop smalvill,coz.... they are the only reason I watching smallville.
it is Smallville not superman.....
so pliz not follow the story of superman..

May 24 2008 at 8:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Hastie

i meant lol above, without her the show falls off the map, if she signs on, its high sailing

May 09 2008 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kitty

I really don't see how losing a fake character from a Superman show would hurt. To me, there really isn't enough Clark/Superman because of annoying side characters so if this is the final season then why not FINALLY make Clark the focus.

May 08 2008 at 9:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kitty's comment
kickit

I COMPLETELY agree. I actually think it will be good without Lex, Lana, and Chloe. Everything involving them has become so repetitive and predictable. i.e. Something bad happens, Clark runs to Lex to blame him, Lex talks about how Clark turned his back on their friendship, Clark tells Lex he's a bad person, no one notices the fact that Lex has got to have the worst mansion security in the world for a man of his wealth... etc. etc. etc.

Maybe without them the show will be less "WTF THAT SCENE WAS STUPID" and more "HOLY EFF THAT SCENE WAS AWESOME!"

=P

May 08 2008 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

again with the poor little single writer who's strike plagues the whole industry...

is it THAT hard to get this right? like, you know, writers' strike?

May 08 2008 at 9:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

So we are now deleting comments?

I said before that this trash shouldn't, and wouldn't still be on the air if the CW never formed.

However I don't think season 8 will even be the last, but they really need Chloe.

May 08 2008 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Oreo's comment
Bash

I guess just your general spiteful BS - and I guess nobody would miss it anyway.

May 08 2008 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

If Allison Mack leaves, Smallville will have lost half its cast members and its two showrunners over the course of a season. Barring a major retooling, that smells like disaster for Season 8.

May 08 2008 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucyfan62

I was really ticked off when they killed off Lionel, but we've known Lex was leaving for a while now and that Lana might be a recurring character, so those two aren't a surprise. I can't tolerate Chloe's absence though. CW - PAY UP! Alison Mack is the only reason I keep watching SMALLVILLE!

May 08 2008 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
keithnl

I've already given up on Smallville. The loss of characters would of worked if it was part of the overall plot of the show, instead of people running for their lives. You almost want clark to be the only one left during the final season, he's the last man standing, the superman.

But the show should of had the balls to shoot itself in the head a couple of seasons ago. Clarks dad died, Lex should of then killed his dad, and Chloes death would of been Clarks impetus to devote his life to journalism.

May 08 2008 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to keithnl's comment
Bash

to sum you post up: "would of"

May 08 2008 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

No way man, that's a dealbreaker. The CW is not going to get a lot out of this year without her. With the creators and entire original cast out, that'd be impossible to get over. Maybe that's why she wants out. They'd better pony up to get her- the show needs it.

May 08 2008 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply