September 30, 2014

Yet another actor joins Heroes

by Isabelle Carreau, posted May 8th 2008 8:23AM
Bruce BoxleitnerYes. It's starting to look like Summer 2007 when we feed you announcements about additions to the Heroes cast at least twice a week. Earlier this week, I told you that Friday Night Lights' Brea Grant was joining the superheroes series as a character with the power of superspeed. Today, I'm letting you know that 57-year-old actor Bruce Boxleitner (he'll turn 58 on May 12), was added to the cast of Heroes.

According to TV Guide, Boxleitner, who appeared on TV series such as Babylon 5 and Scarecrow and Mrs. King, was cast in a role that was modeled after Senator John McCain. Casting notices sent in early April about the role revealed that the character was set to be named Senator Robert Malden, a political straight shooter, and that it was a recurring part. However, it looks like the character was tweaked a bit so who knows who Boxleitner will play now. However, TV Guide confirms that the actor will share many scenes with a female series regular.

Supposedly, the show will focus on the series regulars we all know and love next season. So I'm guessing that Boxleitner and Grant will revolve around the main cast and not have their own little side stories.

MERVE-THE-PERVE

What's wrong with gangbangs? I love gangbangs.

May 09 2008 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

Bruce Boxleitner is a great addition to the show.

Now if we could just get Scarecrow and Mrs. King released to DVD...

May 09 2008 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Season 1 had a good story. That should have been it and it would have been great.

Season 2 was complete and utter Bull. They are not adding characters. They are piling on. It's as if they are trying to gangbang our minds with new actors. It's going nowhere and I think the cancellation of Origins speaks volumes. I can't wait for another evening with Kevin smith telling us how much of a trainwreck Heroes was when he was given info about the whole ordeal.

May 08 2008 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

Oh look... a shark... and the cast of Heroes is jumping over it. What a surprise. -_-

May 08 2008 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Wow, are the creators trying to make season 3 as bad as season 2?

May 08 2008 at 12:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucyfan62

They should keep the BABYLON 5 ties going and recruit Mira Furlan, whose character recently died on LOST!

May 08 2008 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chgosaint

I am now waiting for Kate Jackson to join the cast... We love you Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

May 08 2008 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CRVBOY

Save Scarecrow, Save Heroes????

May 08 2008 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

I'm almost at the stage of giving up on Heroes. I don't feel that any of the characters is going to really go anywhere, week in, week out there are no new interesting events, the only thing of interest is the overall arc - and frankly I have no confidence in them that they'll ever come up with anything truly worthwhile. Adding more and more new characters does little to make me be optimistic.

May 08 2008 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I'm not thrilled with an already-too-large cast getting even larger on Heroes, but Boxleitner is a talented guy, and will add a nice dimension to the show, especially since so many of the "older", i.e. over 40, actors have been killed off.

May 08 2008 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scott's comment
Jennifer

Seconded. I like the guy, he'll be a good addition.

May 08 2008 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply